My Attempt to Make Fair Districts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:50:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  My Attempt to Make Fair Districts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Attempt to Make Fair Districts  (Read 3777 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: January 19, 2017, 10:13:58 PM »
« edited: January 19, 2017, 10:18:02 PM by putins lapdog »

HAWAI'I

The plan: The current system is alright, since I'd like to keep Honolulu in its own district. However, I can keep the city of Honolulu with the eastern islands, and the rest of Oahu with the western islands.

The map:  

District 1: At 51% Asian, and containing Kailua and all of Kauai Island, this district is very easily Rating: Safe D. It contains Honolulu suburbs

District 2: This district is even more liberal, containing Honolulu proper as well as Kahului and Hilo. Rating: Safe D

Improvements: Yeah, this was kind of useless

Sorry, but that's not a good idea.  Honolulu should have it's own district with the addition of either Kailua/Waimanalo on the east side of the island,  or Aiea/Pearl City on the west side.  The former is a more wealthy area while the latter is more suburban and working class.  The neighbor islands and the North Shore of Oahu should be together.  The current Hawaii districts are pretty good I think.

Maui and the Big Island have far more in common with Kauai and the North Shore of Oahu than with urban Honolulu.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:54:15 PM »

Can the OP explain the rationale behind the maps?  What makes them fair?  Anyone from Hawaii would tell you that your Hawaii map is an abomination and it looks like people feel the same way about other maps such as the Idaho one or the NH one.  I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but I think a better explanation is necessary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies