Opinion of MADD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:09:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of MADD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Mothers Against Drunk Driving
FG

HG

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Opinion of MADD  (Read 2995 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: May 23, 2015, 12:03:07 PM »

HP for promulgating the myth the alcohol is something to be scared of. I really think that the 21 drinking age does contribute towards alcoholism in young people. Just make it 16 ffs.

I think the drinking age and the driving age should maybe not be the exact same thing. 
Why not?

You mean why don't I think handing someone the keys to the car on the first day they can legally drink is wise?

I'll take that question (as someone who believes both the driving age should be 18 and the drinking age should be 18). I don't know that it is the wisest of solutions, but I do believe in setting all the rights of adulthood at a set age (which has been established to be 18 in our society). Most people tend to drink prior to the legal age already. The current age only sets the stage for people learning to drink in a college setting. And, when it comes to drunk driving, I would make the punishments severe. I wouldn't rule out permanent forfeiture of driving privileges if there were enough infractions.

As for MADD, definite massive HG. Their interest is not in reducing drunk driving. They want prohibition. Their support of raising the drinking age, and imposing it federally, is inexcusable. If they had any truth to their name, they would be supportive of responsible drinking education.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies