Mideast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:44:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 256010 times)
useful idiot
YaBB God

« on: June 22, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »

Fellow Mideasterners,

I'd like to announce my support of the current education legislation being debated here. I personally have a strong commitment to education. I think that Ben's idea of adding 1.0 to the GPA for AP classes is fantastic, however I would disagree with him on the issue of requiring schools to add all AP classes. I'd agree with the fact that we need greater mobility in school choice, allowing students to pursue their education in a manner that allows them to choose their school based on that school's particular curriculum offerings.

I strongly disagree with WilliamSargent's characterization of teachers. They have chosen to pursue a valuable and noble calling, and that is something we should encourage. I think that issue here is not to punish teachers, whom obviously can be dealt a rough hand due to the neighborhood or students they are given, but to encourage students to have a greater say in their education, creating an atmosphere where both teachers and students can flourish. I would in fact support legislation creating further incentives for teachers who do their jobs well, but I don't think we should be in the job of evaluating teachers at this level of government.

I'd also like to announce my support for the re-introduction of the office of Lt. Governor in our region, as I have discussed with Governor Tmthforu94. I think that this would relieve undue burden on him and allow for greater flexibility in the government.

I am creating this post to introduce myself to you all. I have been in talks with the Governor, and I'm sure he won't mind me saying this, to fill a vacant job on the assembly. I'd like to affirm my commitment to the region, and to working with all of you to solve the issues vital to the Mideast. I hope that we can see past any personal differences we might have and come to common ground in order to get the most out of this legislative body, and to do the best by the region. I thank you for your time and wish you all well,

Useful Idiot
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »

Aye
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 03:13:03 PM »

Aye
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 02:46:39 PM »