New SC/GA governor's race polls.. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 01:33:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New SC/GA governor's race polls.. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New SC/GA governor's race polls..  (Read 2570 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« on: August 04, 2005, 04:04:24 PM »

Strategic Vision is a Republican polling firm, so their saying Perdue 51 to Cox 45 indicates a pure toss-up.

Interesting that the favorable/unfavorable question regarding Ralph Reed was asked of Republicans only, and still he gets only a 54-36 fav/unfav.

Bush's approval rating of 52% in GA is surprisingly low, as is his 45-42 approve/disapprove on Social Security, but otherwise, no surprises in GA.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 04:08:44 PM »

Actually SV is not a Republican firm.

They poll only for Republican clients.

Ask anyone in Georgia political circles, and they will tell you that Strategic Vision is not nonpartisan.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 09:49:06 PM »

Stategic Vision is a Republican polling firm, but Vorlon felt is was accurate enough to trust during 2004.  He knows more about what to trust than any of us, so I think numbers can be presumed accurate.

They may be good nationally, but in statewide races Georgia, their numbers just can't be taken at face value.

Strategic Vision's CEO, David E. Johnson,  was named Honorary Chairman for the National Republican Congressional Committee's Business Advisory Council.

I read their poll information all the time, and it's frequently quoted in newspapers here, but I've noticed a slight GOP bias in Strategic Vision's polling over the many GA races they've covered.  Conservative columnists in local newspapers often cite it as a "Republican polling firm."

Similarly, any WSB-TV-Atlanta Journal-Constitution poll conducted by Gallup seems to have a lean in the other direction in GA races.

To get the best idea of the GA political scene, we at the campaign I worked for would take the average of the AJC and the Strategic Vision polls.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 08:45:04 PM »

Any chance Ralph Reed will lose the Lt. Gov. race?  We need to stop that guy before he gets a start.  Some people are already touting him as a future Presidential candidate.

I'm thinking no.  In general, Georgia seems very lukewarm (see his 54-36 favorable/unfavorable among Republicans) about him, but I just don't see Cagle upsetting him in the primary.  And then the Dems have no one good running (at this point).  The candidate pools are weak.

To sum it up, I think Reed will win by default.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies