Osama bin Laden dead (Official) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:30:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Osama bin Laden dead (Official) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden dead (Official)  (Read 40967 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 01, 2011, 10:15:10 PM »

From a political standpoint, I wonder if this breaking news will erase all the other wrongs that Obama has done in his first 27 months in office and basically hand him the election 18 months in advance?

Its hard to say. It will help him for quite awhile but its hard to see this making people forget about the economic problems for that long. If he wins, it will likely be the coninuance of the recovery that did it for him.

If the economy shows some recovery the President will win hands-down based on the weak candidates on our side.  His election will also depend on what actions he takes regarding the war from here on in.  The death will have more effect on our feelings about the conflict than the convictions of terrorist organizations associated with him.

My whole night just got taken up.  I'll be up until early morning watching the news Sad
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »

Awww I wish I saw this thread earlier. I had my prediction that Osama was dead in writing 8:27 on facebook chat.

Side note, fox's "Usama" spelling is annoyeing me Tongue

Usāmah bin Muḥammad bin ʿAwaḍ bin Lādin
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 10:27:07 PM »

So can we repeal the PATRIOT Act and end the wars now? Or do we still need those?

Never should have signed the Patriot Act but, the wars can't just all of a sudden.  Even though more people will undoubtedly push for that, and it should happen soon, this is a symbolic victory, not a strategic one.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:37:47 PM »

"Death will come to you wherever you may be, even if you were in strong fortresses..."

The Holy Koran Nisa 4:78 (part)

I've been waiting nearly a decade to say that.  Smiley

Was it as satisfying as you imagined?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:42:01 PM »

So can we repeal the PATRIOT Act and end the wars now? Or do we still need those?

Never should have signed the Patriot Act but, the wars can't just all of a sudden.  Even though more people will undoubtedly push for that, and it should happen soon, this is a symbolic victory, not a strategic one.

Confirmed that we "should stay vigilante in our war against terror."
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:45:38 PM »

Oh my.. He said "One nation under God..", "God Bless America". 

Let the secular hysteria commence.  Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:10:48 PM »

Well I really hate it when people use patriotism as a licence to kill. Our people? you kidding me? The only thing that makes us American is us just saying we are. nothing else. I find is dishonest. It makes me want to vomit when he pulls a card like that. Be honest and keep the facts clean. And stop brainwashing us into thinking we are one when we dont even know half of the people living in America. yuck!

What's the point of having a country then?  Or the point of unity?  Or of patriotism all in of itself?
there is a point. But it is merely to make social connections. But it should never be used to end someones life and to make to seem that is ok. That makes me mad. A life is a life, and to make us think that because we are 'Americans' we have to right to kill someone despite what they have done, and are 'defending our people' is crap. There is no need to lie. If you are going to kill someone it should be because he has killed many people. Not because he killed Americans. Had they not been Americans obama would not give a sh**t.

And which one do you think matters more to the Americans?  That he killed Americans or that he killed people?  As you said, we do not know half the country itself, but I think it is safe to say that more than half care about the death of Americans than the death of people as a whole.
I disagree. I care far more when patriotism is out of the question. Honestly, i care more about people dying period. Not Americans. And it is rather low to party over someone dying! no matter what it is just rude. If justice is served already there is not need to dance about in the streets. Partying makes the theory of justice just dissolve away. There is no justice. Man i despise people right now.

As I said, more than half.  And the partying only proves that point.
You seem to misunderstand. I know that americans care about this. But i think they are simply ignorate pricks who lack the ability to see how they are being brainwashed by the government and their peers.

& you hold all the answers?  Teach me oh wise one...
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:11:52 PM »

I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but while Presidents Obama and Bush deserve a lot of credit as does our military, all the glory belongs to God.  He gave the US Intelligence the ability to find Bin Laden and delivered Bin Laden into our hands.

Grow up.

Leave the guy alone.  So he's a bit "enthusiastic" about his faith.  Show a little tolerance.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:23:14 PM »

Well I really hate it when people use patriotism as a licsence to kill. Our people? you kidding me? The onlt thing that makes us american is us just saying we are. nothing else. I find is dishonest. It makes me want to vomit when he pulls a card like that. Be honest and keep the facts clean. And stop brainwashing us into thinking we are one when we dont even know half of the peopl living in america. yuck!

What's the point of having a country then?  Or the point of unity?  Or of patriotism all in of itself?
there is a point. But it is merely to make social connections. But it should never be used to end someones life and to make to seem that is ok. That makes me mad. A life is a life, and to make us think that because we are 'americans' we have to right to kill someone despite what they have done, and are 'defending our people' is crap. There is no need to lie. If you are going to kill someone it should be because he has killed many people. Not because he killed americans. Had they not been americans obama would not give a sh**t.

So the President responding to Libya had nothing to do with his suggested motive?  As in, protecting civilians.  I think you're off and I generally don't agree with the President.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 05:39:27 PM »

While military experts wanted to bomb the Pakistani mansion where bin Laden was hiding, Limbaugh said, Obama may have “single-handedly [come] up with the technique” of attacking the target at the ground level. He credited the president with much more military prowess than Obama critics usually attribute to the president.

“President Obama, perhaps the only qualified member in the room to deal with this, insisted on the Special Forces,” he said. “No one else thought of that…. Not a single intelligence adviser, not a single national security adviser, not a single military adviser came up with the idea of using SEAL Team 6 or any Special Forces.”

Wow. Words to follow I have never said before, or likely ever will again:

"Ditto Rush".

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54122.html#ixzz1LDut7tN7

The articles are all misquoting him.  He was using sarcasm if you actually listened to it.  He gave the President credit for continuing the Bush policy, and said that the President was taking all of the credit over the military, because he's "the only qualified member.."
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »

Guys, Limbaugh was being sarcastic.  Some of you are really quite dense.

He might have meant it as sarcasm, but it is still right.

He did.  I listened to him this morning.  He was complaining about how Obama used the words "me" and "I" in his speech.

He cited directly the article in The Hill, and one in The Huffington Post that was submitted less than half an hour after his comments.  He was practically laughing and said to one caller, "Are you a journalist, because journalists don't understand sarcasm."  before the articles were posted.  Strangely enough, I think he was right about that.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 12:36:49 PM »

If I may take a moment and clarify my position and the position of most Christians I know on the death of Osama Bin Laden.  We celebrate the removal of evil.  We don't celebrate the death of a non-believer.

well, dude, make up your mind:  Are you going to celebrate the removal of Osama, or are you not going to celebrate the removal of Osama?   As for me, I celebrate OBL's death, regardless if he were a believer or not.  I celebrate the death of any and all tyrants, "Christian" or otherwise, who refuse to change their ways and instead are determined to destroy.

While he was alive I prayed for him to turn from his ways.  But now the man is dead.  It's too late for regrets and prayers.  Celebrate, giving God thanks, and turn the page, for his fate is sealed.

Luke 9:60 "“Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

Rom 12:17 - 12:21

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2011, 09:52:48 PM by Cincinnatus »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Something tells me that as much as you want to use biblical passage to support your argument, that realistically none of us knows what position God would take.  Personally, I think God would be sad that Osama did not embrace him but, like I said, I don't pretend to know God's every stance.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »

Obama's logic for not releasing them was sound - and KBH was shockingly reasonable.

Who's KBH?

Kay Bailey Hutchison? 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »

Obama's logic for not releasing them was sound - and KBH was shockingly reasonable.

No it wasn't!  It was terrible.

Seriously, there are a million good reason not to, but the President's official reason was asinine.

That he consulted with his National Security team and decided it wasn't advisable?  I find that quite the opposite of asinine.  Unfortunately, my party will once again use this issue to criticize the President.  Issues people! Issues!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »

Would someone please tell Ann Coulter to STFU?  It's a shame she Cant Understand Normal Thought

I think she likes to hear herself talk a little to much.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/05/eveningnews/main20060229.shtml

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies