Do you sort of internally laugh whenever you see someone wearing a mask at a music show?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:06:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you sort of internally laugh whenever you see someone wearing a mask at a music show?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you sort of internally laugh whenever you see someone wearing a mask at a music show?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Do you sort of internally laugh whenever you see someone wearing a mask at a music show?  (Read 281 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2024, 08:03:08 PM »

jamespol will like this post!

But yes lol. For some reason there's a non-neglible number of people doing this now at the Fine Line. Still less than 10% though.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 07:57:33 AM »

I can see why this could be seen as a strange behavior.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 07:59:32 AM »

Not really. I don't want to pre-judge someone's circumstances health-wise, and I can understand being anxious about not catching cold or flue standing around in close proximity with screaming, singing people for 4-5 hours.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 08:33:26 AM »

No, as the kids would say, that would be cringe. The laughing at someone living their life in a different way than you that doesn’t affect you in any way.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 08:36:11 AM »

Nah, doesn't impact me and doesn't bother me. I don't care what people do with their own bodies. Unless they wear the shirt of the band they're seeing, in which case, f--k them
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 01:50:17 PM »

if it's a properly worn medical, N95 or better mask my first assumption is that they are ill/contagious and actually worry about their fellow human, but must go out and about.  My second assumption is (especially if they otherwise appear healthy) is that they are fully brainwashed and are either paranoid or they are signaling that they are fully sheep.

either way, I feel sorry for them, not anger or mirth at their ignorance

if they are wearing a good mask poorly, or it looks weeks old or it's a cloth mask, I feel sorry for them because they are clearly mentally ill or are being compelled to wear their public fiction by someone else with a mental illness and anyone that is forced to take orders from a mentally handicapped person likely has their own serious issues.

thankfully, in this part of the country, this almost never happens anymore
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 03:45:30 PM »

if it's a properly worn medical, N95 or better mask my first assumption is that they are ill/contagious and actually worry about their fellow human, but must go out and about.  My second assumption is (especially if they otherwise appear healthy) is that they are fully brainwashed and are either paranoid or they are signaling that they are fully sheep.

either way, I feel sorry for them, not anger or mirth at their ignorance

if they are wearing a good mask poorly, or it looks weeks old or it's a cloth mask, I feel sorry for them because they are clearly mentally ill or are being compelled to wear their public fiction by someone else with a mental illness and anyone that is forced to take orders from a mentally handicapped person likely has their own serious issues.

thankfully, in this part of the country, this almost never happens anymore
This is something I don't rule out, I do recall at my old church near the end there was one woman who always wore a mask and was often the only person who did...however a couple months after it ended I learned via Facebook that she had died of cancer and was battling it at the time. Very sad, and explains why she did. I've actually once worn a mask to a show when it wasn't required, and it was shortly after I got over Covid but the CDC recommendations were still to mask, so I did...in hindsight I probably shouldn't have gone to that show at all because I was still feeling weak and wasn't having a good time, in fact at one point some guy actually checked on me to make sure I was doing well because he noticed I was sitting in the corner and didn't look well....but regardless I had a valid reason.

But if someone young enough to have X's on the back of their hands is wearing a simple cloth mask into a venue where everyone is packed like sardines and actually getting into a mosh pit, I can't think of any reason besides virtue signaling to actually wear one. A cloth mask is pretty much worthless in a mosh pit even if they were afraid of catching a cold. (A properly worn N95 may still work, but: 1-Good luck keeping it properly fitted with all the jumping and pushing and 2-Breathing in that thing while moshing must be absolute hell.)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2024, 02:56:13 AM »

Not a relevant issue anymore. Who cares
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2024, 03:22:22 AM »

The temptation I would have (and it would only be a temptation) would be to ask them why they are putting their own selfish desire to be at a music show ahead of the health of others. Playing them (or a lot of them) at their own game.  

I have more respect for my aunt who has barely left her house since 2020, because she is practicing a vastly more reliable way of preventing the spread of contagious diseases.

In general, though, I take the same attitude as I do towards people wearing Chelsea FC or Manchester United FC shirts. Not something I would do, and it's mildly off-putting, but not something I would get too worked up about.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2024, 05:09:52 AM »

No I can’t remember the last time I saw someone wearing a mask
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2024, 06:41:21 AM »

This isn't a jimmie threaf??
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2024, 08:20:03 AM »

The one that baffles me is the people who wear a mask nowhere but an airplane.  Maybe it's just a remnant of the fact that airplanes were the last place you had to wear them, but studies actually show that the air circulation on planes actually makes catching respiratory illnesses less likely than in other enclosed public spaces.

And that's not uncommon.  The last time I traveled, maybe 10-15% of people were wearing masks versus virtually nobody at home.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2024, 11:25:41 PM »

So exact same venue tonight...and no one was wearing a mask!

Does this have something to do with the audience Mannequin Pussy attracts?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2024, 11:27:54 PM »

The one that baffles me is the people who wear a mask nowhere but an airplane.  Maybe it's just a remnant of the fact that airplanes were the last place you had to wear them, but studies actually show that the air circulation on planes actually makes catching respiratory illnesses less likely than in other enclosed public spaces.

And that's not uncommon.  The last time I traveled, maybe 10-15% of people were wearing masks versus virtually nobody at home.

My mother is one of these people; I think it comes down to anxiety about the churn of people coming from all over. Doesn't make sense in an era where covid is totally endemic everywhere of course.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2024, 12:53:52 AM »

I do find it funny when I see people wearing masks while driving alone in their car
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2024, 02:52:51 PM »

People did it at raves before the pandemic, I don't see what the big deal is.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2024, 02:53:59 PM »

No. If people want to wear furry masks at concerts, it's not my place to judge them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies