Trump Surprised Government Can't be Run Like His Business (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:17:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Surprised Government Can't be Run Like His Business (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Surprised Government Can't be Run Like His Business  (Read 1585 times)
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« on: February 10, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »

Literally none of this surprises me. It was clear from the start he didn't understand how government works and that his narcissistic temperament, political inexperience, history of deferring detailed decision making to opaque and insular circles of close-handed advisers, and comfort in the idea of being "the boss" were going to clash with the realities of the responsibilities of the executive office which he wasn't ready to take on.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 08:47:49 PM »

Literally none of this surprises me. It was clear from the start he didn't understand how government works and that his narcissistic temperament, political inexperience, history of deferring detailed decision making to opaque and insular circles of close-handed advisers, and comfort in the idea of being "the boss" were going to clash with the realities of the responsibilities of the executive office which he wasn't ready to take on.

I agree...but...hopefully this dog can learn a few new tricks, yes?

Hopefully, in the ensuing 4 years of his reign, he does something that is helpful to the country instead of being a complete disaster of a President. I mean, there is this possibility.

As much as I bash Trump, I am still holding out hope for some light inside the dark tunnel we live in at present since his ascendancy to the throne.

No, not really, this is how he's been his whole life. Narcissistic personality disorder is far too encompassing a character flaw to be cured, although I suppose you could potentially socially re-engineer them under the right circumstances. Suffice to say, new tricks he will not learn; narcissists are highly predictable in their behavior patterns once you learn them. 

The rest of his administration is a different story. If he ends up surrounding himself with more competent and experienced advisers who can more efficiently structure communication flow between departments and officials, more shrewdly craft policy and directives, and more rapidly contain his worst impulses, the better off we'll all be and the less ruin his tenure will inflict. Who he surrounds himself with will be key.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies