Cruz: Harvard Law proffesors were Communists who wanted to overthrow government
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:36:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cruz: Harvard Law proffesors were Communists who wanted to overthrow government
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cruz: Harvard Law proffesors were Communists who wanted to overthrow government  (Read 2564 times)
Rooney
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 03:02:10 PM »
« edited: February 23, 2013, 08:21:27 PM by Rooney »

The profession of a law professor pretty  much entails one to attach themselves to totalitarian governmental theories. After all, these men and women view themselves as the vanguard of law in a nation of rogues. Thus, I have no doubt that Cruz's professors were likely communists but they also may have been fascists or perhaps even one or two was a Filmer like monarchist. Law school breeds totalitarians.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »

The profession of a law professor pretty entails one to attach themselves to totalitarian governmental theories. After all, these men and women view themselves as the vanguard of law in a nation of rogues. Thus, I have no doubt that Cruz's professors were likely communists but they also may have been fascists or perhaps even one or two was a Filmer like monarchist. Law school breeds totalitarians.

The funny thing is you probably believe that an intellectual name drop like Filmer actuallyjustifies believing asinine things like that.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2013, 04:46:09 PM by Torie »

The profession of a law professor pretty entails one to attach themselves to totalitarian governmental theories. After all, these men and women view themselves as the vanguard of law in a nation of rogues. Thus, I have no doubt that Cruz's professors were likely communists but they also may have been fascists or perhaps even one or two was a Filmer like monarchist. Law school breeds totalitarians.

The funny thing is you probably believe that an intellectual name drop like Filmer actuallyjustifies believing asinine things like that.

I find the guy's characterization of law professors quite offensive actually. For some reason it really pisses me off. I guess part of it, is that I actually had a lot of law professors (as did you of course), they were all as smart as hell, and not particularly ideological at all in class. We didn't have time for that kind of BS. The law is tough enough figuring out how to approach, how to read cases, find consistent fact patterns golden threads, figure out what the court was really trying to do often, rather than what they say they were doing, and then tackling the major statutes, tax, bankruptcy, and the commercial code.

Beyond that, the students were too smart to ever let a law professor get away with some ideological jihad, or rant about bringing the system down, even if one were inclined to, which they were not.

And lawyers are a bunch of totalitarians? Heck in a totalitarian government, where the rule of law is put in the dumpster, we all would be starving to death!  I want to say the word "idiot" here, but that would be a personal attack, so for the record I am not saying that. I wonder if that is the way to finesse earning an infraction point. I guess we will see! Tongue

Anyway, it's just bullsh*t, what was suggested. The guy knows nothing about what he is talking about.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »

What are you talking about?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 04:41:34 PM »

What?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 04:45:23 PM »

What?

Isn't it obvious lawyers want to mostly be made redundant and useless and unemployed, so they can go on welfare? Why can't you see that Nathan, you idiot you!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »

What?

Isn't it obvious lawyers want to mostly be made redundant and useless and unemployed, so they can go on welfare? Why can't you see that Nathan, you idiot you!

Nathan is SUCH Roll Eyes an idiot!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »

Did you have any totalitarian Commie (or any other totalitarian type) professors in your law school Badger?  Know any lawyers who favor abandoning the democratic system of government, and the rule of law?  I mean, maybe U of Michigan was a lone beacon of hope in a legal totalitarian law school sea, so I thought I had better check in with you. Where's Dukie and Inks?  Smiley
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 05:12:08 PM »

What are you talking about?

Welcome in the Libertarian fantasy land!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 05:25:25 PM »

Did you have any totalitarian Commie (or any other totalitarian type) professors in your law school Badger?  Know any lawyers who favor abandoning the democratic system of government, and the rule of law?  I mean, maybe U of Michigan was a lone beacon of hope in a legal totalitarian law school sea, so I thought I had better check in with you. Where's Dukie and Inks?  Smiley

Not a one. Though my law school was very business oriented.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 05:27:07 PM »

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 05:39:43 PM »

You know, it's funny Cruz mentioned that, because during my study abroad semester at Squirrel Holler Bible College in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, there were more professors who advocated replacing the US government with a Bible-based theocracy than there were registered Democrats. Again, this is relevant because...
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 09:27:58 PM »

Most law schools are very business oriented.  Alas their business model requires them to churn out far more lawyers than are needed.  Students are beginning to realize that, which is why second and third-tier law schools are in trouble and can't afford such foolishness.  But a place like Harvard is still insulated from reality and could.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 10:44:45 PM »

one or two was a Filmer like monarchist.

In what universe is he the best reference you can come up with?  Seriously?  The dude has been dead since 1653.

Get current bro.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies