Al Gore 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:21:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Al Gore 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Al Gore 2016  (Read 8016 times)
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« on: January 25, 2013, 11:04:03 AM »

He distanced himself from Bill Clinton during the 2000 campaign, he's no genius.

This. Certainly not politically.

Al Gore being robbed of the presidency will always be one of the greatest tragedies of the Democratic Party, but it's his own fault for even being neck-and-beck on Election Day with one of the least intelligent nominees in modern history. He let his brains be turned against him and purposefully dumbed himself down on the campaign trail (ala Jindal, though not quite as bad), and for that I'll never forgive him.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:32 AM »

He distanced himself from Bill Clinton during the 2000 campaign, he's no genius.

This. Certainly not politically.

Al Gore being robbed of the presidency will always be one of the greatest tragedies of the Democratic Party, but it's his own fault for even being neck-and-beck on Election Day with one of the least intelligent nominees in modern history. He let his brains be turned against him and purposefully dumbed himself down on the campaign trail (ala Jindal, though not quite as bad), and for that I'll never forgive him.

Bearing in mind that most polls had Gore losing virtually the entire union to Bush I don't think he did so badly.

Using hindsight, Gore wins if he doesn't do everything in his power to distance himself from Clinton.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »

Clinton's favorables were low, but his administration's approval ratings were sky high and a VP should have taken credit for that. Instead, Gore ran away from those accomplishments and wasted his own veep selection.

Gotta think Clinton could've at least helped in a state like Tennessee, which he carried twice.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 02:58:08 PM »

Are you kidding me? Al Gore a genius? What planet are you from? I mean if Gore was so much of a genius, how come he couldn't manage to defeat one of the "dumbest" nominee's any major party opted to select: Gore couldn't even manage to win his home state; guess the folks from Tennessee knew the guy well enough, that he just didn't pass the smell test; he was after all the incumbent Vice President, serving under a fairly popular president, and had plenty of advantages, a strong economy, peace and prosperity and a stellar record in public service, with all these factors at his disposal and the advantages such factors should have bestowed; he came across as an obnoxious twit, a phony schmuck and the idea of Gore, a pedantic narcissist of the worst order, pontificating in that lecturing tone of his, to the masses for four years, was a bit of a turn off. Whatever 'Dubya's' faults, he pretty much was a straight shooter, you liked him, you didn't like him, he didn't give a crap either way and he had a likeability factor that worked. He followed a built in compass, and I guess most folks were comforted by that knowledge. So the idiotic suggestion of having Al Gore run in 2016, is simply ludicruos and when you have O'Malley, Cuomo, Warner, Biden, Patrick and Clinton waiting in the wings, Gore ain't gonna make it beyond New Hampshire; he's an embarrassment to the Democratic party, nice to have around like the eccentric uncle, but beyond that, ain't happening buster.

What does Gore's faults as a national candidate have to do with the fact that he's an extremely intelligent person? You might as well have just described Mitt Romney to a fault there, who is also highly intelligent.

Look, you STOLE eight years of the the White House thanks to Al's mistakes and weaknesses on the campaign trail. The least you can do is thank the guy.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 06:52:22 PM »

Are you kidding me? Al Gore a genius? What planet are you from? I mean if Gore was so much of a genius, how come he couldn't manage to defeat one of the "dumbest" nominee's any major party opted to select: Gore couldn't even manage to win his home state; guess the folks from Tennessee knew the guy well enough, that he just didn't pass the smell test; he was after all the incumbent Vice President, serving under a fairly popular president, and had plenty of advantages, a strong economy, peace and prosperity and a stellar record in public service, with all these factors at his disposal and the advantages such factors should have bestowed; he came across as an obnoxious twit, a phony schmuck and the idea of Gore, a pedantic narcissist of the worst order, pontificating in that lecturing tone of his, to the masses for four years, was a bit of a turn off. Whatever 'Dubya's' faults, he pretty much was a straight shooter, you liked him, you didn't like him, he didn't give a crap either way and he had a likeability factor that worked. He followed a built in compass, and I guess most folks were comforted by that knowledge. So the idiotic suggestion of having Al Gore run in 2016, is simply ludicruos and when you have O'Malley, Cuomo, Warner, Biden, Patrick and Clinton waiting in the wings, Gore ain't gonna make it beyond New Hampshire; he's an embarrassment to the Democratic party, nice to have around like the eccentric uncle, but beyond that, ain't happening buster.
I love how these Dems define Al Gore as a genius and George W. Bush as an absolute moron.
One candidate was very intelligent and the other was not. You can choose to use further hyperbole.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »

Bush went to Yale, and he went to Harvard Business School. Even Tony Blair wrote that the idea Bush is dumb is ludicrous and that he is very smart. I'm not saying Bush was a great president, I'm just saying that he isn't stupid.

It's not that hard to pull in a middling GPA at an Ivy League school where you're a third-generation legacy and your alumnus grandfather is a sitting senator. For the average human, no, Bush isn't stupid. For a nominee of one of the two major parties, he's very underwhelming. There's a hell of a lot more Warren Harding in him than Thomas Jefferson.

And is this Utah "Bushie" poster serious?

BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »

Apples and Oranges, how can you compare Gore and Romney? The Economy was roaring along in 2000; Gore had all the advantages that Obama had; experience and despite being endowed with all these advantages, this genius managed to piss it all away; unlike the situation with Romney, the election was Gore’s to lose and boy did he manage to do it; his intelligence not withstanding and the fact he kept changing his persona in all three of face to face debate’s with Bush;  it must have been an un nerving spectacle to see a prospective president doing what he did; remember? Of course, it’s more convenient to go with the mantra, “we wuz robbed” that’s the usual nonsense you Democrats spout, absolve yourselves of responsibility, blame everything and everybody, never change do you? Yeah sure blame the Supreme Court for ruling in Bush’s favor; if Gore had just been able to man up and concede and shut up; then he could have made his come-back in a fashion and manner to the way Nixon did.  So if blame needs to be assigned, place it at Gore’s doorstep.
Romney for his part was equally disastrous as a candidate; I’ll admit that, but intelligence is no measure of political competence.

Do you feel better now?
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »

Most Democrats, the moronic lefties... love to redefine actual events as inaccurate and paint over the inconvenient and painful truths;

Calm down, bro. A sizable portion of your party believes the Earth is ~6,000 years old.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 12:40:24 AM »

Most Democrats, the moronic lefties... love to redefine actual events as inaccurate and paint over the inconvenient and painful truths;

Calm down, bro. A sizable portion of your party believes the Earth is ~6,000 years old.

Which isn't necessarily wrong.  I personally believe the earth is millions of years old, but that man is ~6,000 years old, based on the Bible which is infallible.

Good one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies