The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:31:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 263221 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: April 30, 2013, 12:22:40 PM »

And I get along great with people who disagree with me
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1876 on: April 30, 2013, 01:52:16 PM »

I wouldn't touch the Carnival cruise ships with a 10 foot pole.  Too many things have gone wrong in the last ~6 months for me to even consider it anymore.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1877 on: April 30, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »

I wouldn't touch the Carnival cruise ships with a 10 foot pole.  Too many things have gone wrong in the last ~6 months for me to even consider it anymore.

In Bushie's defense, spending $2600 on a Carnival cruise would have been a far more reasonable way of wasting one's money than what is being discussed in that thread.  Indeed, if it it had been anyone other than Bushie who posted that, we'd likely be thinking it was an intentionally funny post instead of an absurd one.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1878 on: April 30, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »

1964:

The dreaded (but unexciting) rematch

Richard Nixon / Nelson Rockefeller (Republican)
John F. Kennedy / Lyndon B. Johnson (Democrat)

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1879 on: April 30, 2013, 08:12:02 PM »

I identify my religion as Judaism, not because I practice the religion, but out of a general belief that "my ancestors were clearly right". Which I believe has its own name.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1880 on: May 01, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »

Haha, you really aren't very mature. Misogynist men rarely are though.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1881 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:24 PM »

I understand the freedom of religion, but what homosexual supporters need to understand is the freedom of speech.  Not everybody has to applaud, endorse, and embrace homosexuality.

Is anyone being thrown in jail?

No, but they should not be silenced or mocked or ridiculed.

As for Franzl's argument that Young Earth Creationists should be mocked or ridiculed, that is just so outrageous it is humiliating.  It's not true, but America has different view points, that's just the way it is.  Nobody's view points should be subject to ridicule and humiliation and nobody's view points should be silenced.  If we were all forced to have the same viewpoint or keep dissenting viewpoints to ourselves, we would not be a Democracy, we would be a dictatorship.

I kind of wonder if this is a sincere sentiment, or whether it's just trolling.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1882 on: May 01, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1387
batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #1883 on: May 01, 2013, 04:17:54 PM »

Yes, despite Gustaf's insistence otherwise I can get along with people who disagree with me. Torie is another great example of someone I get along fine with.

He has a bright future in politics.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1884 on: May 01, 2013, 08:55:52 PM »

ugh

Tim Tebow is a Christian, but nobody wants to talk seriously about his Christianity and wants him to keep it to himself, but people are hailing Jason Collins a hero for coming out as gay?  In fact, the media more often than not makes fun of Tebow for his Christianity, but when Chris Boussard on ESPN does not endorse Jason Collins sexuality, ESPN immediately issues an apology and reprimands Boussard. 

Is the standard now to make fun of Christians, but don't you dare say anything against homosexuality?

Why is this country starting to become more tolerant of homosexual relations than Christianity?

How is this okay?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1885 on: May 01, 2013, 09:14:48 PM »

Well, campaigning on welfare is basically how the GOP played its southern strategy and stoked racist fears. Welfare and race are inherently intertwined in people's minds. That's why.
The Southern Strategy was not meant to stoke racist fears through code words or otherwise.  According to Pat Buchanan, the architect of the Southern strategy, it was an attempt to convince Southern moderates who were pro-civil rights to vote Republican as a protest against the racists and segregationists in the Democratic Party:
 http://www.wnd.com/2002/12/16477/

A few Republicans like Ed Gurney and Jesse Helms may have pandered to racists, but the vast majority did not.  Furthermore, it would have made no sense for Nixon to do that in the '68 campaign because of Wallace's independent candidacy.  As Theodore White wrote in his 1968 campaign edition of The Making of the President, Nixon automatically conceded racist voters to George Wallace (p. 424, quoted in Wrong on Race: The Democratic Party's Buried Past).  But anyway, back to the main point: I think the reason that Democrats use the race card so effectively is because they have done such a good job of hiding their party's shameful, 150+ year history or racism (including support for slavery, lynching, Jim Crow laws, the Ku Klux Klan, and segregation) from the public and smear Republicans, the party that was founded to end slavery and fight for greater freedom and equality for all races (especially blacks) as racist using phony evidence of racism in the Southern strategy (including an oft-cited but never verified quote from Lee Atwater) and claiming that the segregationist Dems all became Republicans (when, in fact, the only high-profile segregationist to do so was Strom Thurmond.)  Simply put, they know that charges of racism and race-baiting are taken very seriously by the public and that they can get away with it.

An "I (heart) Ann Coulter" T-shirt and (you guessed it) my Levi's 501s, which I haven't taken off since my last post in this thread.

I know I'm picking on him a bit today... but just the fact that he made both these statements is too good to be true. 

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1886 on: May 01, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »

The OP has already been quoted, but EVERYTHING Bushie says in this thread is worthy of inclusion really: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=172898.0
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1887 on: May 01, 2013, 09:46:09 PM »

Dead God. This might be among the worst posts in Atlas history:

Blake Shelton / Miranda Lambert - 315EV - 52%
  Platform: Permanent WPA program for full employment, Medicare for All, Federally-Capitalized State Chartered Public Banks, Criminal Prosecutions of Bankster Thugs, Bailout for homeowners with underwater mortgages, repeal of NCLB/Race to the Top
Adam LeVine / Some lax bro - 223EV - 47%
  Platform:  Mandatory same-sex marriage, mandatory communal showering for bros, dumpster permits for elderly to scavenge when they have no social security nor prospects of gainful employment, no-bid contracts for expanded "humanitarian" drone campaigns in conjunction with Israeli mercenaries, mandatory purchase of bubblegum pop ring tones
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1888 on: May 02, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »

I'm glad Winfield has a new politician he can sport wood for.

There can be no doubt but what Cruz is a rising star in the Republican party.

He is without question absolutely brilliant, certainly Obama's equal in intelligence, as well as in his oratorical skills.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1889 on: May 02, 2013, 02:52:58 PM »

that's very clearly a troll post
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1890 on: May 02, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »

Uh, R2, he means it, I guarantee you that.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1891 on: May 02, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »

Well, it's perhaps more an insult to Obama than praising Cruz.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1892 on: May 02, 2013, 02:59:38 PM »

i have lost all hope in humanity
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1893 on: May 02, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »

Humanity will be fine, but you'll see more of this from Winfield, I assure you.  There's a lot you can say about Winfield, but he doesn't troll.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1894 on: May 03, 2013, 07:47:32 AM »

Posting the two prior posts from that thread as well so yall can see why the third is absurdly bad.  Why some people don't ever get humor on the Internet without tons of smilies is beyond me.

Plastic surgery is the wave of the future (along with designer babies, etc), but I'm not a fan of the particular look. They all look like they have an overbite and a Michael Jackson nose.

No.

And yes, this is pretty culturally disgusting. Nothing more to say. (Waiting for someone to come in with a vacuous speech attacking me by saying the word 'empowering' over 8794+ times)

You don't get it Gully.  Plastic surgery is empowering these women to choose their own appearance instead of being oppressed by their genetics.  Why should beauty be restricted to a fortunate few?  You should feel empowered by this trend not oppressed. Or perhaps you wish to be one of those who oppress rather than empower.  (Only 8792 more uses of empower to go. 8791 now.)

If you have to take a knife to your face to avoid being oppressed, you're still being oppressed.

The way to avoid sexism is to stop judging people by their appearance or at least have more realistic expectations about appearance.

Not to mutilate women so they all conform to the sexists' standards.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1895 on: May 03, 2013, 07:55:27 AM »

Posting the two prior posts from that thread as well so yall can see why the third is absurdly bad.  Why some people don't ever get humor on the Internet without tons of smilies is beyond me.

Plastic surgery is the wave of the future (along with designer babies, etc), but I'm not a fan of the particular look. They all look like they have an overbite and a Michael Jackson nose.

No.

And yes, this is pretty culturally disgusting. Nothing more to say. (Waiting for someone to come in with a vacuous speech attacking me by saying the word 'empowering' over 8794+ times)

You don't get it Gully.  Plastic surgery is empowering these women to choose their own appearance instead of being oppressed by their genetics.  Why should beauty be restricted to a fortunate few?  You should feel empowered by this trend not oppressed. Or perhaps you wish to be one of those who oppress rather than empower.  (Only 8792 more uses of empower to go. 8791 now.)

If you have to take a knife to your face to avoid being oppressed, you're still being oppressed.

The way to avoid sexism is to stop judging people by their appearance or at least have more realistic expectations about appearance.

Not to mutilate women so they all conform to the sexists' standards.

Its not absurdly bad just because he didn't get your irony. The post itself is sensible and well argued.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1896 on: May 03, 2013, 08:00:37 AM »

Its not absurdly bad just because he didn't get your irony. The post itself is sensible and well argued.
I'd agree with you if my post hadn't included the part in parenthesis. That should have been enough to clue in all but the clueless.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1897 on: May 03, 2013, 12:23:37 PM »

I'd agree with you if my post hadn't included the part in parenthesis. That should have been enough to clue in all but the clueless.

Your post is irrelevant in judging whether his is absurd or bad. It makes perfect sense even if you deleted yours and should be judged on its own merit.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1898 on: May 03, 2013, 12:37:53 PM »

Well, I think the liberal Jews are controlling sequestration in order to squash our right to bear arms and own private property. So I think Rep. Long is an FF.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1899 on: May 03, 2013, 01:06:26 PM »

Well, I think the liberal Jews are controlling sequestration in order to squash our right to bear arms and own private property. So I think Rep. Long is an FF.

Considering he's a green, I assume he's joking.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies