Liberal Justice Party HQ [Presidential Nomination] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:55:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal Justice Party HQ [Presidential Nomination] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liberal Justice Party HQ [Presidential Nomination]  (Read 6278 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:04:21 PM »

While it is might seem most unorthodox for me to speak before the Liberal Justice Party, I applaud the fact you include all candidates when it comes to deciding who to endorse, and I think the least I can do is to make an honest case to you in respect of your nomination process and the civic exercise of running for the Presidency.

Ladies and gentlemen, I did not come here to pretend to be something I’m not.

For obvious reasons I cannot declare myself to be a proper supporter of some of the causes you support. Having said that, I am there with you when it comes to the defense of freedom of speech and expression, or the fight against discrimination, or the promotion of policies that conserve, preserve and promote our environment. And if elected President, I will look forward to a spirited, detailed and civil debate on the issues which separate us or cause disagreement as I try to promote the points of view in which I passionately believe in.

I have often complained in the past few days about what I think is a harmful dynamic at the moment in Atlasia: the so called “Nyman consensus” or “echo-chamber consensus”, which has seen our federal parties grow closer on several issues to the point in which debate on many critical issues has been reduced, and activity with it. I believe Atlasia is due for some significant change, and yes, I believe a significant part of that is taking policy into a different direction and closer to the center-right. We will have significant disagreements on that, I’m sure of it. But I hope you may agree with me when I say that it is my belief that we need effective, experienced and active leadership which is combined with a far-reaching vision for our future and the empowerment of this nation and its citizens.

All I can ask of you, members of the LJP, is that you keep an open mind for an independent campaign with a record of activity, effectiveness and sincere concern for this game and this Republic of ours.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies