The joys of resume writing

(1/3) > >>

MODU:

If you are like me, writing your own resume is just as much fun as having thumb smashed by a hammer.  In fact, I would much rather write resumes for 10 people than sit down and work on my own, but I think I've found the next most annoying thing.

A friend called late last night asking if I would help her put together her resume for an interview she has tomorrow morning.  I said, "No problem.  Send me what you have."  Obviously, she had nothing.  After sending her my latest resume (that I did last year) as a guide, she sends me back an almost blank page with just one or two words describing what she did in each of her jobs. 

Really?  That's all you can do???

I sent it back to her with  questions for each entry, trying to pull some details out of her to attempt to fill in the blanks.  I do get more material to work from on the next version, but still, it's incredibly weak.

I don't mind helping, but I hate trying to figure out exactly what you do when all you list are responses to an AdLib game.  (If I had hair, I'd be pulling it out by now.)

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe:
Mrs. Grumps has a Masters in Human Resources and her SPHR designation, so she make sure the resumes are el perfecto when she helps someone.......but it's frustrating for her to drag out all of the information....have fun, MODU.

Atlas Has Shrugged:
Be liberal with words. For example, turn waitress into culinary delivery engineer.

MODU:
Quote from: Grumps on May 09, 2013, 02:39:41 PM

Mrs. Grumps has a Masters in Human Resources and her SPHR designation, so she make sure the resumes are el perfecto when she helps someone.......but it's frustrating for her to drag out all of the information....have fun, MODU.

Is she for hire?  HAHAHA

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe:
Quote from: MODU on May 09, 2013, 02:41:27 PM

Quote from: Grumps on May 09, 2013, 02:39:41 PM

Is she for hire?  HAHAHA

She's headed to Ireland Saturday so I suppose she'd like some extra spend money........sure :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page