Why the Cain Train will (sadly) be derailed eventually. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:36:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why the Cain Train will (sadly) be derailed eventually. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Cain Train will (sadly) be derailed eventually.  (Read 4888 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 05, 2011, 04:47:30 AM »

I support Herman Cain's bid for the Republican nomination as much as anyone but it's not going to work out in the end and here's why:

1. Mainstream Media plans to ignore him as much as possible.

MSM doesn't seem interested in abandoning the Romney v. Perry story-line as pathetic a candidate as Perry has proven himself to be. They might have dropped it for Christie but not for Cain. I feel like a lot of the white knights at the major networks/periodicals/etc. feel like it's their duty to protect people from a candidate who's "not serious". In Cain's case, he's not taken seriously because he's ultra-right-wing and (more importantly) because he has zero experience as an elected government official. Oh yeah, and he's completely clueless on foreign affairs. Completely.

2. He doesn't have the money or organization to compete with Romney.

Seriously, he doesn't. Romney will be able to murder this guy over the airwaves if he has to (I'm sure he'd rather not go there obviously). Perry has big bucks too but I'm not sure if it matters as much in that case.

3. He's a black.

This might be the most important or the least important reason why he'll probably fail. I have a hard time believing his race will be of much help, especially in those all important southern Republican primaries. Maybe I'm wrong about this one but I doubt it. Prove me wrong, Republicans!

I hope I'm wrong but I'm not. And yes, I'm very bored right now.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »

I am amused and touched to see that my late night/early morning rant has started such a spirited debate!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies