Obama to announce executive order on immigration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:39:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama to announce executive order on immigration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama to announce executive order on immigration  (Read 17237 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: November 14, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »

I love the littany of articles on the timing of his announcement, so that I have a hunch on when I should be appropriately outraged.

If you haven't gotten outraged yet, don't bother now.  This is just old news.  Bad news, but old news.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 02:22:34 PM »

He promised to use them.......one of few things he has said that I believe.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 03:51:45 PM »

The president shouldn't being doing this by executive action, that's for sure. I'm not sure what he's up to this week -- it sounds like he's trying to disrupt the narrative. Every time he pulls something else out of his sleeve (net neutrality, climate change treaty, immigration) that becomes the story. Otherwise, what would everyone have been talking about this week? How the Republicans swept the election and how bad of a shellacking the president's party took. I think he's trying to mix things up and take people's minds off the election.

The Republicans should just pass whatever immigration bill they can get through the Senate, and tell Obama to either sign it or veto it. If he vetoes it, they can say he preferred his own executive actions to Congressional legislation on the exact same topic, which wouldn't give him much of a leg to stand on. He pretty much has to sign whatever immigration bill Congress sends him now.

Why not?  If it's sensible policy and he has the legal authority, why not?  If Congress doesn't like it, they can change the law.  That's how government is supposed to work.  

Did you feel that way when Dub sat in the Oval, bedstuy? Be honest.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:24:07 AM »

Does he have to blow $2.5 million jetting of to Vegas for the weekend so he can talk about what he did?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 02:20:05 PM »

Bloomberg weighs in.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-11-21/obamas-incoherent-immigration-speech?cmpid=yhoo
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 02:48:55 PM »

BloombergView isn't really Bloomberg.

But it's not Breitbart either.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies