The "Gully Foyle Bashes Libertarianism" extravaganza. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:59:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The "Gully Foyle Bashes Libertarianism" extravaganza. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "Gully Foyle Bashes Libertarianism" extravaganza.  (Read 9907 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 22, 2009, 12:06:39 AM »

That ain't my flavor of libertarianism.  Who wouldn't want more intelligent workers...in any field?  Smarter people do jobs better, even if they are way too smart for the job.  This would be especially important in jobs that deal with the public like this idiot libertarian is ranting about.  Just imagine how much easier flying would be if the TSA was made up of smart, efficient people.  Leave the dumbasses to clean toilets and dump french fries for us, give us the smart guys at the train station.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:13:42 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2010, 09:34:02 AM by Dave Leip »

Not sure why you insist on putting scare quotes around the term "libertarian."
I'm still waiting for the bashing and the extravaganza.  There is one thing that has become obvious though, if somebody claims to be about to bash libertarians you can rest assured they won't bring up anything even close to a position actually held by a majority of libertarians.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 02:32:33 AM »

<looks at watch>
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 12:15:01 AM »

I'm still waiting for the bashing and the extravaganza.  There is one thing that has become obvious though, if somebody claims to be about to bash libertarians you can rest assured they won't bring up anything even close to a position actually held by a majority of libertarians.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 02:54:40 PM »

I stand by my earlier post....
gold's value, while mostly tied to the "shinny" part of the equation does have some very important uses in the electronics field.  It's one of the best conductors and doesn't corrode.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 10:16:06 PM »

Agreed.  I didn't think I said otherwise.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 11:51:24 PM »

I tried reading it again, but I stopped at crop circles and the other thing.  I'm not that kind of libertarian (like most libertarians) so I can't help you in your quest to .....do whatever is you're trying to do here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies