Alaskan senators get 500K in federal funds to paint a fish on a plane? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:59:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Alaskan senators get 500K in federal funds to paint a fish on a plane? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alaskan senators get 500K in federal funds to paint a fish on a plane?  (Read 1752 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« on: October 05, 2005, 12:18:45 PM »

Okay, so the Federal Government is using our money to paint fish on airplanes, or did I read this wrong?
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 11:20:05 AM »

Well, do consider that those tiny amounts add up - one pork barrell project might only cost a million dollars, but get enough of them and it can cost billions.

But (from a Govt. point of view) that's still not much money Wink

What I find very funny actually, is people who favour big increases in spending in some areas (defense, education, etc, etc, etc) getting enraged and hysterical about this sort of thing Grin

Well, I oppose more money into education or defense, I'm strongly in support of smarter spending for these things, fyi.

I also agree with Dibble, these things add up.  Even if it doesn't add up to too much, (from the Governments POV,) it still is a waste of money.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies