Would you refuse to go to a concert if the guy checking IDs had a large Bible verse on his shirt?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:43:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you refuse to go to a concert if the guy checking IDs had a large Bible verse on his shirt?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you refuse to go to a concert if the guy checking IDs had a large Bible verse on his shirt?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Would you refuse to go to a concert if the guy checking IDs had a large Bible verse on his shirt?  (Read 209 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2024, 11:08:34 PM »

The guy checking IDs at the one I just went to and got back from was wearing one with a huge quote from a Psalm and the Psalm cited on it.

Of course I had no problem but I do know there are many people who would be absolutely triggered by that, LOL. Even going to an Emery and a member of Underoath's side project show.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 08:22:40 AM »

Maybe I don't go to enough concerts, but the "guy checking IDs" part is the one that caught my attention the most.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 08:57:52 AM »

Maybe I don't go to enough concerts, but the "guy checking IDs" part is the one that caught my attention the most.
Every one in the US in a venue that serves alcohol does this. How else do they confirm if you're old enough to drink?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 09:04:23 AM »

Every one in the US in a venue that serves alcohol does this. How else do they confirm if you're old enough to drink?

I would think you get checked at the alcohol booth or bar stand (depending on what "venue" means here), but I guess not.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 09:20:17 AM »

I would think you get checked at the alcohol booth or bar stand (depending on what "venue" means here), but I guess not.

I'd say that it depends on the size of the venue.  More mainstream music acts playing in stadiums, arenas, or major concert venues wouldn't have someone checking IDs at the door.  Likewise, live music in a restaurant wouldn't have it either.  More club-like venues (or some bars at night, particularly in cities) would have someone checking IDs at the door.

I'd probably be less likely to go to a concert venue with ID checking at the door because it's less likely to be my scene.  Maybe once every year or two, I'll go to Broadway with friends, but it's not really my favorite as a non-drinker.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2024, 09:39:59 AM »

I haven't had my ID checked by anyone since the gray hair started coming in a few years ago.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2024, 10:57:26 AM »

What happens is if you're old enough you get a wristband so the bartender doesn't need to check each individual ID, and if not they draw X's on the back of your hands (this is the origin of that as a straight edge symbol.) And of course if it's an age-restricted show you have to show ID to even get in in the first place.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2024, 10:58:04 AM »

Same way they do when you get drinks at sports events - when you buy the drink at the concessions stand... at the sports arena... where the concert is.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2024, 11:03:17 AM »

I haven't had my ID checked by anyone since the gray hair started coming in a few years ago.
Minnesota law says if the show admits under 21s every one needs to get their ID checked to drink, no exceptions. Like last year I was in line to get in behind some late 20s/early to mid 30s woman who apologized that she lost her ID, the bouncer told her "Eh I won't draw X's on your hands but you won't be allowed to drink inside" and she said that was fine.

And no, that doesn't apply to sporting events, or plays or restaurants that serve alcohol or stuff like that, I think it's legally defined as a "live event" in a business that primarily makes its profits off alcohol sales.

Same way they do when you get drinks at sports events - when you buy the drink at the concessions stand... at the sports arena... where the concert is.

LOL no, I've never been to one in a sports arena in my life. This one was at a mid-sized bar. The sort of places where the drink lines move slow enough, and would be even more if the bartender had to check everyone ordering's ID.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2024, 11:37:36 AM »

No
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2024, 12:54:43 PM »

I would if it was an emo concert.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2024, 01:36:58 PM »

I would if it was an emo concert.
Guess you wouldn't have attended this one anyway!
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2024, 02:57:28 PM »

“Would you refuse to go to a concert…”

Yes.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2024, 04:43:55 PM »

It would probably be a sign that I don't belong with this crowd.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2024, 04:55:13 PM »

I wouldn’t pay attention
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2024, 07:40:33 PM »

This reminds me a lot of your obsession with 'Latinx' dude, what are you even talking about. I can't imagine anyone being offended by a bible verse tattoo. Imagine being such a pussy.

There are far, far more Christians who'd make rash judgments about a hijab. Lmao.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2024, 11:52:14 PM »

Fake christians trigger me.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2024, 12:59:24 AM »

Only if the guy was BRTD.