charlie hebdo continues to be pure garbage, now without the "muh satire" charade (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:52:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  charlie hebdo continues to be pure garbage, now without the "muh satire" charade (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: charlie hebdo continues to be pure garbage, now without the "muh satire" charade  (Read 4130 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 04, 2016, 09:37:50 AM »

Is there any criticism of Islamic fundamentalism mild enough that Western liberals won't declare it racist? No? I didn't think so.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:06:14 PM »

I seriously can't comprehend how this article is offensive. I guess we just have reached a point where anything less than "Muslims are peacefully wonderful people" is considered hate speech.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:31:35 PM »

Why would anybody be interested in that discussion? We all know what the other side think and feel and we all know what we think about the other side (racists and halal hippies) . So why shouldn't we all just show the flag and continue on with our lives.

OK then. Guess I'm the only one left who's actually interested in figuring out how to build or preserve an authentically secular culture without scapegoating an entire group of people in the process.

There is no way to build a secular culture without calling out people who oppose secularism. People who are not secular are not scapegoats in this situation. "Scapegoat" implies they are not really to blame. People who are not secular are indeed the ones to blame for their own not being secular.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 08:05:16 AM »

Furthermore, if retrenchment of the welfare state is really one of the reasons, you need to stop immigration in order to fix that. How are you going to add a million, disproportionately unemployed, disproportionately fertile people every year AND afford to increase benefits for everyone?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »

You know what I mean.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 09:00:59 AM »

If you really don't know what I mean, you are too dumb to be helped. Obviously you must know what I mean though. I don't know what you think your side gains from this feigned ignorance.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 09:03:17 AM »

Derpist, everyone agrees that Europe has done a terrible job integrating the recent waves of immigrants. If you're looking for reasons, try systematic racism, urban segregation, and the retrenchment of the Welfare State. The solution is to fix those problems, not to close our borders, cover our ears and pretend the outside world doesn't exist.
Maybe, but even if this is true, shouldn't you fix those problems first?  Just to make sure you can.  I suppose you can always just recycle this excuse in 20 years.  Doesn't seem like a fun loop to be in to me.

It's not like immigration is a switch we can just turn on and off. There are actual human beings involved, and closing our borders, aside from just being unworkable, would consequences just as awful as botched integration policies.

The left's solution to poor integration: Continue to allow it to happen but wring your hands about how bad White people are while you do it.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 09:16:25 AM »

If you really don't know what I mean, you are too dumb to be helped. Obviously you must know what I mean though. I don't know what you think your side gains from this feigned ignorance.

no, do tell. i thought your side was supposed to be straightforward and hate obfuscating language?

Immigrants, on average, have many more children than the native population of Europe. I worded it poorly but my point was clear. You knew that. Now a question for you. What exactly do you think you gained by pretending to be confused?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »

The unfortunate part is that I'm an immigrant who's not Muslim, so the Western Europeans obviously didn't let us in.

Where are you from? Did you actually apply for immigration to any Western European country?

Anyway, the connection between multiculturalism and inequality is dubious at best.

The connection between letting millions of poor people move to a rich country, and increasing inequality in that country is totally dubious.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 03:27:00 AM »

Why do we assume the failure of integration is entirely the fault of the host country?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies