Will Trump bomb Assad? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:15:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Trump bomb Assad? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Trump bomb the Assad regime in Syria?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Will Trump bomb Assad?  (Read 3782 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 06, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »

No, but I do expect him to take us to "the red line" like Obama did, only to back down under pressure from the base. CNN is acting like they did the day we went into Libya. I hope Trump's gut instincts are stronger than those of his advisers, because he knew in 2013 that this doesn't justify an intervention and I pray he knows it now.

I'm embarrassed, for the first time, about this administration's handling of this. Just a few days ago, the "official policy" according to Tillerson and Trump was to retain Assad in power. Now they want to go in and overthrow him. I didn't vote for this. I'm also unrepentant in my belief that Assad would have been gone thirty days ago and American troops would be dying by the hundreds had Hillary had won.

Foreign policy wise, we might not be having it as good as I've thought. Fortunately illegal entry to the United States is at a record low, the economy is continuing to improve, and NAFTA, TPP, and the refugee policies have generally been successful.

I say we let Putin handle this. Put the whole mess in his lap. "You did this, you fix this" sorta deal. He won't, but it'll send a message to Putin.

When life comes at you fast.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies