Barack Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:53:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Barack Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Barack Obama  (Read 20671 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 15, 2006, 12:11:41 PM »

I love when the media does this. There are tons of State Senators, Representatives, City Council members, small town Mayors, etc. that are just like Obama in terms of speaking, debating, energy, etc. Now all we need is for those people to run for the U.S. Senate, have the media find their new darlings and end this Obama obsession.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 04:33:58 PM »

correct.  and completely unacceptable to mainstream america.

if illinois had a republican party, he wouldnt be in the senate today.

Yep. I think Jack Ryan would have given him a very good run if his wasn't surrounded by scandal.

I remember thinking Obama was very liberal two years ago but if you say the same thing today, people will laugh at you. Everyone thinks he is a moderate just as they think John Edwards is, too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 04:57:22 PM »

The thing is though that in politics perception is reality.

I understand that.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 09:03:48 PM »

His Majesty Barack will actually be at my college (Temple University) this Saturday for Casey and Rendell. I wonder if he'll announce his candidacy.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 08:52:57 PM »

This can't be happening. I went to Yahoo this afternoon and saw "Obama considering '08 run." This guy is ridiculous. Let him run and lose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 11:45:11 AM »

Hillary will never allow this guy to get going.  I'm sure the Clinton smear machine is doing the research as we speak.  The Clintons will never allow anyone to get in the way of their ambition.

God help him.

And part of me is cheering them on so we can bring Barack's ego back down to planet Earth.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 04:56:26 PM »

According to what the climate says, there's a big chance the Democrats will take the White House in 2008.

One thing you should know: Never judge a Presidential race on the climate two years before the race. Perfect example would be 1994. If anything, the climate helping the Dems this time around could help strengthen the GOP for 2008.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 01:43:20 AM »

I Purple heart laughing at things with hindsight.  Roll Eyes

If anything, this ought to be a lesson to the Obama fanatics that things aren't always as they seem years in advance. Don't get too cocky when you laugh off Palin vs. Obama...

According to what the climate says, there's a big chance the Democrats will take the White House in 2008.

One thing you should know: Never judge a Presidential race on the climate two years before the race. Perfect example would be 1994. If anything, the climate helping the Dems this time around could help strengthen the GOP for 2008.

Another classic prediction from SagePhil. Tongue

Yeah, I was kind of right. Most of us were laughing off Obama and had McCain destroying him. Maybe you guys can knock off the arrogance and learn from our mistakes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies