Calif. GOP lawmaker caught bragging about affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:35:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Calif. GOP lawmaker caught bragging about affairs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Calif. GOP lawmaker caught bragging about affairs  (Read 1855 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: September 10, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »

What I do care about is his overwhelming hypocrisy, the stink of which is here even in Illinois. But such is to be expected, of course, from the Religious Right.

Like global-warming doomsayers flying around the world on private jets, gun-control advocates keeping illegal handguns, proponents of tax increases who can't seem to pay on time, or public education advocates sending their children to private schools?  Not to mention the Jesse Jacksons and John Edwards out there on the Left.  Spare me the whole "hypocritical conservatives" schtick.

First off, two wrongs don't make a right, ya know. And let me say that you're entirely accurate on the global warming thing, it's just like Al Gore's excessive electricity bills and such. And of course, everyone should pay their taxes.

Also, what gun-control advocates keep illegal weapons? Legitimate curiosity.

I'm gonna be a little nitpicky here now though.

I don't see how it's necessarily hypocritical to support more funds for public schools while simultaneously supporting the right to put one's kids in a private school if they prefer. Generally the intended recipients of better public schools are those who can't afford to go to a nicer private school.

Also, while Jesse Jackson and especially John Edwards have been lying bastards about extramarital affairs, it's not exactly hypocrisy like in the case Assemblyman Duvall here because to my knowledge those two have never grandstanded on political positions based on how important they claim the institution of marriage is to their lives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies