The Democratic case for expanding the map against Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:05:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Democratic case for expanding the map against Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Democratic case for expanding the map against Trump  (Read 1325 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: December 02, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »

I've all always thoughtvit would be easier to target mountain and plaims states -/Montana, the Dakotas, Alaska etc. They have an over sized influence on congress, a fairly populiat tradition, less black/white polarisation and I assume TV advertising is cheaper than in coastal areas.
This is  just my personal anecdotal observations as someone with relatives and friends throughout the region in question, but.... I think targeting the Mountains and Plains states would be very difficult if not impossible in the near future. Years and years of FOX News and its ilk, plus the much-disliked Obama, have led to strong hostility to the national Democratic brand. Local Democrats can and do win, but "Washington D.C." is viewed as evil, making winning electoral votes in those states extremely difficult. 

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies