Running mate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:03:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Running mate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Running mate  (Read 3966 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: May 13, 2005, 03:14:35 PM »

I am here today to announce that my running mate in my bid for the presidency shall be none other than Bono.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 04:00:12 PM »

Bono? Now I am truely undecided in my first preference vote.

Indeed. Some of Bono's views are alittle extreme for my taste...

Given that Bono wants to entirely abolish government, I think that having him one step away from the presidency might not be a good idea.

If I'm elected, I'm not planning on shirking my responsibilities, and I don't think there's a chance in hell I'll be assasinated, so there's not really anything to worry about.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 04:27:15 PM »

If I'm elected, I'm not planning on shirking my responsibilities, and I don't think there's a chance in hell I'll be assasinated, so there's not really anything to worry about.

I'm sure a few of the people who have been assassinated probably said that too. Wink

Yes, we've had so many assasinations occur here in Atlasia, it's truly heartbreaking. Wink
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 07:28:42 PM »

Vote for King:  He will pick a better running-mate!
I don't think that's going to happen.  There aren't many good picks, they're all running for President.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I picked Bono - he was on my list, but not my first pick(I wanted Alcon). Everyone else I wanted was already running, running for something else, or already in an elected position that I wanted them to stay in. Tongue

Also, keep in mind I did ask for suggestions and volunteers, but only Bono was suggested.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 07:50:46 PM »

Given that Bono wants to entirely abolish government, I think that having him one step away from the presidency might not be a good idea.
If the Presidency be powerful enough to abolish government on its own, then it be best that it be abolished.

I wasn't saying that the Presidency is powerful enough to abolish government on its own, but depending on how conservative the Senate gets (it seems to get more so every election period), it could push for and achieve a lot of damaging things.

Well, "damaging" in my view, that is; they'd probably think it was great. Tongue

Good thing we have you in the Senate then. Smiley
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 09:05:42 PM »

I'm sure a few of the people who have been assassinated probably said that too. Wink

Yes, we've had so many assasinations occur here in Atlasia, it's truly heartbreaking. Wink

Yes, but the Veep has moved uop to Pres. Hasn't it happened more than once?

Yeah, when the previous prez quit, which I assure you I will not.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 09:21:17 PM »

Yeah, when the previous prez quit, which I assure you I will not.
I hate to be the cynic, but someone has to do it: Why are you trying so hard to convince us you won't quit?  Are you unsure that you picked a good running mate?  I mean, no president should want to quit when they're elected without a good reason, but the way you've said this implies you're trying to lessen the effects of the decision to choose Bono.

Some people are afraid if I'm elected that something might occur(such as me quitting) and Bono would become President, and they don't want Bono to be in that position - personally I'd be fine with Bono as President. I'm merely saying that such an event is not likely at all to occur - outside of my actual death in the real world, there's not really anything that would cause it to happen - in order to alleviate the fears of such people so they'll still hopefully vote for me.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 12:22:39 AM »

Like others have said, its not a very heartening defense to say he'll never be in a position to do the crazy things he wants to do.

I'm not defending my choice in that way - I'm sticking with my choice, as I feel it is the best among my available options. Bono's views are well known, and it would be pointless to argue about them because it wouldn't change them and it's not likely to change the views of others on this forum(as they've been argued time and time again, I think many of us are somewhat set in our ways) regarding him. I would just prefer people who want to vote for me to not change their minds just because I have a VP they disapprove of - mainly their fear is that I'd leave my post and he'd be put in my place, and all I want is to assure them that it isn't gonna happen so they'll still vote for me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies