Uganda to revive "kill the gays" bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:09:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Uganda to revive "kill the gays" bill
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Uganda to revive "kill the gays" bill  (Read 717 times)
Lourdes
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2019, 03:13:27 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-uganda-lgbt-rights/uganda-plans-bill-imposing-death-penalty-for-gay-sex-idUSKBN1WP1GN

NAIROBI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Uganda announced plans on Thursday for a bill that would impose the death penalty on homosexuals, saying the legislation would curb a rise in unnatural sex in the east African nation.

The bill - colloquially known as “Kill the Gays” in Uganda - was nullified five years ago on a technicality and the government said it plans to resurrect it within weeks.

“Homosexuality is not natural to Ugandans, but there has been a massive recruitment by gay people in schools, and especially among the youth, where they are promoting the falsehood that people are born like that,” Ethics and Integrity Minister Simon Lokodo told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

“Our current penal law is limited. It only criminalises the act. We want it made clear that anyone who is even involved in promotion and recruitment has to be criminalised. Those that do grave acts will be given the death sentence.”
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 06:32:46 PM »

If this gets passed, then every 'foreign' Ugandan refugee applying for asylum will be able to use homosexuality as a reason to be granted citizenship in their new country.

Uganda is a major source of South Sudanese refugees.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 12:19:05 AM »

As before, there needs to be massive international pressure, and aide should be withheld.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 07:05:22 PM »

Another niche expertise of mine? Great!

These people have direct; unquestionable; proven ties to the National Prayer Breakfast and the people who run it. They have been invited both before and after this bill was proposed, and the Fellowship (NPB organizers) continue to introduce them to American politicians.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »

Horrible country.
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 01:57:18 PM »

These people have direct; unquestionable; proven ties to the National Prayer Breakfast and the people who run it. They have been invited both before and after this bill was proposed, and the Fellowship (NPB organizers) continue to introduce them to American politicians.
Sure, it's a NPB conspiracy. Didn't Obama speak at that once?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 04:53:05 PM »

Yep, I’m a well known Obama supporter. 🙄 Despite never supporting him in a Presidential election...

Yes, several times. The NPB/Fellowship are an insidious group in bed with probably three quarters of DC politicians. It’s one of the reasons I generally support a lot of Jewish politicians - they generally don’t get a lot of backing from the NPB.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 05:15:51 PM »

Sh!t like this is why I support international and not just domestic revolution and reform. Yep, it's Trotsky time.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 07:37:09 PM »

If this gets passed, then every 'foreign' Ugandan refugee applying for asylum will be able to use homosexuality as a reason to be granted citizenship in their new country.

Uganda is a major source of South Sudanese refugees.

Because that's the major thing to be thinking about here... Roll Eyes
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 07:54:19 PM »

Yeah Obama is nothing good.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies