What is your ideal demographic coalition? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:06:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What is your ideal demographic coalition? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your ideal demographic coalition?  (Read 4703 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 28, 2016, 07:22:26 PM »

Oh and I forgot to mention Asian-Americans and some higher-status bobo types to prevent whatever party this is (almost certainly the Democrats, but you never know) from going full Christopher Lasch. The bobos, especially, shouldn't be a demographically or ideologically dominant part of the coalition, but better have them with us than give them over to the Western Ukrainians.

Ideally LGBT issues as such would become less potently charged and subject to some sort of broadly-liberal consensus, the exact parameters of which I don't pretend to be qualified to determine, so that LGBT people would generally be able to and feel comfortable voting along preexisting ideological lines. The Rod Dreher types in my coalition can suck it.

Boo! Hiss!
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »

Oh and I forgot to mention Asian-Americans and some higher-status bobo types to prevent whatever party this is (almost certainly the Democrats, but you never know) from going full Christopher Lasch. The bobos, especially, shouldn't be a demographically or ideologically dominant part of the coalition, but better have them with us than give them over to the Western Ukrainians.

Ideally LGBT issues as such would become less potently charged and subject to some sort of broadly-liberal consensus, the exact parameters of which I don't pretend to be qualified to determine, so that LGBT people would generally be able to and feel comfortable voting along preexisting ideological lines. The Rod Dreher types in my coalition can suck it.

Boo! Hiss!

On this particular issue. On other issues they/you would have much more of a say. I don't aspire to be a Patrick Brown of the economic left.

Glad to hear it! Would you mind elaborating though? What sort of stuff would the Dreherists have free rein on?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 07:09:28 PM »

As for the OP,

Take the current GOP coalition. Kick out the lame mainline Protestants. Nathan doesn't count here. I'm talking about the fiscally conservative, socially liberal, Mom wants the kids baptized at St. Michael's Episcopal Church, mainliners. Add religious Hispanics, both Catholic and Protestant, as well as middle class, religious blacks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies