Department of Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:47:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Forum Affairs  (Read 71722 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: June 10, 2009, 09:25:11 PM »
« edited: June 10, 2009, 09:38:05 PM by cinyc »

So what's the number of days registered requirement for voting on constitutional amendments (and why hasn't the Northeast opened a voting booth for the death penalty amendment)?  If someone votes early to make sure their vote gets in (but would be eligible at the end of the voting period), is it still counted?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 01:53:28 PM »

Are we going to go back to prior years to see who else's vote is supposedly ineligible because they registered before attaining 25 posts?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 12:24:32 AM »

Mr. SoFA - can you please confirm that there were 51 Northeast citizens on the registered voter roll as of 12:00 AM Friday, October 16?

Thanks.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 12:30:03 AM »

Mr. SoFA - can you please confirm that there were 51 Northeast citizens on the registered voter roll as of 12:00 AM Friday, October 16?

Thanks.

52, actually.

Thank you.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 10:35:54 PM »

We're going to need a  breakdown of number of registered voters in the Northeast as of midnight next Friday, as well, so that we know how many Northeast Representatives we need to elect.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 04:24:43 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2009, 05:16:16 PM by cinyc »

What exactly qualifies someone as a registered voter? Tell me this and I shall update the lists today, or if it takes too long, by 11:59pm Thursday.

The technical term used in our constitution is "citizens", not registered voters.  I think we based that on the number of people registered in the Northeast on the voter list, but it's never been litigated.  SoFA Earl's count was 51 or 52 in mid-October.

We need the info as of NEXT Thursday.  Northeast local elections are next weekend (18th), not this weekend.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 09:50:31 PM »

What exactly qualifies someone as a registered voter? Tell me this and I shall update the lists today, or if it takes too long, by 11:59pm Thursday.

The technical term used in our constitution is "citizens", not registered voters.  I think we based that on the number of people registered in the Northeast on the voter list, but it's never been litigated.  SoFA Earl's count was 51 or 52 in mid-October.

We need the info as of NEXT Thursday.  Northeast local elections are next weekend (18th), not this weekend.

But by getting it to you THIS Thursday I up my (already low) chances of getting the job Cheesy

Perhaps - but the constitution says the count as of next Thursday (technically, Friday at midnight) is determinative to set the number of seats in the Northeast Assembly, not this Thursday. I suppose you can do then, but the count would have to be updated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies