Census Estimates for 2007 -> 2010 Apportionment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:17:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Census Estimates for 2007 -> 2010 Apportionment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Census Estimates for 2007 -> 2010 Apportionment  (Read 22837 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 11, 2008, 12:03:21 PM »
« edited: January 11, 2008, 04:01:04 PM by Alcon »

Awesome Smiley

Only the western one, actually. Mostly around Yakima, but also Richland-Kennewick.

The two biggest concentrations of illegal Hispanics are around Pasco (Kennewick to a lesser extent, but not so much Richland; it's pretty much lily-white) and Yakima.

I assume that the district that links Walla Walla and Yakima would do so via Franklin County (Pasco), which would mean it has plenty of illegals too.  In fact, I'd wager that the eastern would have just as many, if not more (Clark County doesn't have an exceptionally high Hispanic population).

I'd be able to tell you more if I could see a mapped version of muon2's districts, because I'm not sure I totally understand from the text descriptions.

There are some problems, though.  I assume that you're lumping Bainbridge Island into the 1st with Snohomish County?  That would look a little awkward, but otherwise it would put Jay Inslee in Rick Larsen's district.  Adam Smith would also be transferred to what was mostly Norm Dicks's district, and Norm Dicks would have a district (the new one) containing no military bases - he'd complain.

Those districts would be:

1st - Democratic
2nd - Toss-up (no real lean, maybe slightly Democratic)
3rd - Lean Republican
4th - Strong Republican
5th - Strong Republican
6th - Slight Democratic lean
7th - Strong Democratic
8th - Toss-up (slight Democratic lean)
9th - Democratic
10th - Democratic
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies