French legislative election 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 09:57:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French legislative election 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French legislative election 2012  (Read 79806 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »

Wish they'd discovered their love for Sarkozy a week ago.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »

Can't say I'd have any love for either. Chancellor Angela 'Hoover' (is Eurozone unemployment at a record high or not?) Merkel is out of favour, though I'd still suspect I'd split my vote between the CDU and SPD

Unemployment in Germany is lower than it has been in decades. With virtually no deficit spending.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »

Can't say I'd have any love for either. Chancellor Angela 'Hoover' (is Eurozone unemployment at a record high or not?) Merkel is out of favour, though I'd still suspect I'd split my vote between the CDU and SPD

Unemployment in Germany is lower than it has been in decades. With virtually no deficit spending.

Yes, the social market does seem to be an improvement on whatever the hell it is the UK has

Well yes, but doesn't that mean (as far as governments have control over these things) Merkel's government is doing a rather good job? If unemployment is what you primarily judge governments on?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:00:45 PM »

National selfishness FTW !

Well Merkel is a German politician elected by the German voters who are interested in German economic well being.

(Although we've had this discussion before, Antonio... Wink)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 03:07:15 PM »

Anyhow, returning to Germany, will the ruthless austerity-drive across the Eurozone not have a detrimental on German exports to the point she may re-enter recession?

Yes. This is indeed one concern. I think I read that this year, exports to outside the Eurozone equalized the effects of lossed profits from within the EU. Not certain that will continue, of course.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 06:32:35 AM »

Sarkozy's approvals kind of make sense in that lame ducks usually get a slight boost from people who aren't angry at them anymore and don't consider them a threat, I think the first Bush had approvals in the low 40s around election day 1992 but were in the mid-50s by the time he left office. Didn't happen with his son of course, but he was far more controversial and polarizing.

Well, kind of. Not before he left office...but I think he was back at like 45-50 a year later...?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies