Gun Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:40:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Gun Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun Plan  (Read 5700 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 11, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »

I totally don't understand why otherwise sane people still want to ban "assault rifles" and why anybody thinks the existing laws on automatic weapons are too loose.  Even BRTD knows "assault weapon" bans are stupid and pointless and only one civilian and one cop have used a legal automatic weapon to commit a crime since 1934.

I'm for background checks on gun purchasers and for strengthening the laws against straw purchases.  Ya know, things that would actually help.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 04:36:14 PM »

I want the right to shoot wild boars with an assault rifle from a helicopter dammit!
Assault rifles are, by definition, fully automatic weapons, thus VERY hard to obtain....but you can do it in the US....but it's going to cost you.

Assault weapons on the other hand, is a made up word for a class of guns that LOOKS SCARY to gun control fetishists.

edit-actually, I'm not sure you can actually hunt legally with an automatic weapon (or from a chopper for taht matter)....probably not...so no, you can't do that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 12:47:12 AM »

A gun is a tool, a dangerous tool and like all dangerous tools, one should be licensed to operate it.  Which is why I'm in favor of universal background checks.  When a person uses a dangerous tool in a threatening or violent way, they should be punished, harshly.  People not licensed to use the tool and still use the tool should also be punished, again, harshly.  People who are licensed to use the tool who buy the tool and then give it to an unlicensed person should also be punished harshly (straw purchases, the gun control fetishists still never talk about this).  All tools (dangerous or not) that have valuable uses should be legal to own in a free country.  Limits?  Sure, the current limits we have against automatic weapons (legal, but difficult and VERY expensive) and explosives (legal, but only if you have a damn good reason) are fine.  Magazine limits are stupid.  Banning .50cal rifles is stupid (never used in crime).  Banning "shoulder things that go up" is beyond stupid (never used in crime).  Banning scary looking rifles (the AWB) is beyond stupid (never used in crime).

I don't give a sh**t about fighting for my freedom against "the man".  A bunch of civvies with guns aren't going to be able to do much against a dedicated 1st world military (though they can make it costly for that 1st world military, see the last decade as proof).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies