South Carolina's Bobby Jindal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:17:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  South Carolina's Bobby Jindal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Carolina's Bobby Jindal?  (Read 12455 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: May 17, 2009, 11:04:41 PM »

I'll be interested in hearing more from her. She represents a suburban county of the Columbia metro, so I have doubts about how she could carry the more conservative, rural vote here. She'd play well in the Charleston and Columbia areas, as her ethnicity is less of a factor than in other areas. I wouldn't count her out though. If Louisiana could vote in Jindal, I have no doubt South Carolina could.

I could very well support her. She's a fiscal conservative first and foremost rather than a religious nut like someone in the Jim DeMint mold. If Governor Sanford throws his weight behind her, she may be our next Governor assuming the Democrats don't put up a strong candidate.

I'm curious as to whether Democrat Robert Barber will run for Governor. I voted for him for Lt. Gov in 2006 and I really liked the guy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 11:33:36 PM »

As was pointed out in the article, her gender might be a bigger issue than her race in the Deep South, especially because "Nikki Haley" looks vaguely anglophone and her skin isn't too dark.

It bothers the hell out of me when people lump South Carolina into the same "Deep South" contingency as Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Arkansas.

We'll see how she fares. I don't think she'll lose just because she's a woman. If Sanford endorses her and she loses, then I might retract that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies