Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:58:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48961 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: November 24, 2014, 11:04:42 PM »

I think I'm going to go exercise my White Male Privilege now and drive to a neighborhood where I don't live and proceed to wonder around aimlessly in the dark.

Or maybe I'll go to a shopping center and loiter in the parking lot.

I'll be sure to keep track of all the police who don't stop me and all the people who don't react to all the suspicious behavior that they're not noticing.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:23 PM »

I didn't realize Darren Wilson was only 28. For some reason I assumed he was at least 40.

I would have expected better from a Millennial.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:57:47 PM »

I'm avoiding this story for multitude of reasons EXCEPT this common point bugs me:

If you're going to riot and burn things, why would you do it to your own town?

It is NOT their OWN town, their OWN community. They don't actually own it. They don't own homes, they don't own businesses, many of them have to take public transportation. They don't pay property taxes. Ferguson, MO is just a place they happen to be stuck living in, not their own community.

That's why it's not that hard to imagine why people there would be so comfortable in destroying it.

They are destroying rented homes, rented businesses, and rioting on rented streets. No liability to them.

If you want a black community that isn't prone to "destroying their own community in riots" you need to give them opportunity for their own communities first.

Don't most businesses in most non-rural communities rent the property they use?

I think the point is they aren't "locally" owned. You've got corporate chains like Walmart and McDonald's. Probably some convenience stores and check cashing places whose owners are likely Asians or absentee whites. As far as businesses owned by people who are "from the community" I doubt there are many apart from perhaps the local barbershop or car repair place.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 02:42:39 AM »

Another cop shoots and kills an unarmed civilian at point-blank range and is getting off with no charges.

In this case, it was a Hispanic cop shooting a white guy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies