Trump says he hopes Clinton runs again in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:54:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump says he hopes Clinton runs again in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Trump says he hopes Clinton runs again in 2020  (Read 3723 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2017, 08:59:57 AM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/919914000959397888

You must be logged in to read this quote.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 09:28:33 AM »

if she wins lol
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:39:55 AM »

Didn't he want Warren?
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »

Huh, sounds as smug as all the Dems wanting to face Trump or Cruz.

Trump has already beaten Clinton though.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »

By a Deus Ex Comeyina and an overall 3 million vote loss, sure. No guarantee he'll land the correct states to get over the line.

ahugecat

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 10:25:46 AM »

By a Deus Ex Comeyina and an overall 3 million vote loss, sure. No guarantee he'll land the correct states to get over the line.

If the Comey letter was the reason she lost then that's sad because Trump faced a million tougher things than she did (not even including the self inflicted wounds). You're like an 18-0 NFL team who blames the ref for losing the Super Bowl.

Not to mention she spent like 3 times of what he did (despite the fact leftists are against "Citizens United "lmao) and he still beat her because as a businessman he knows how to use his money to get results, unlike a career politician who has no concept of spending money.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 10:29:56 AM »

He said facing Warren as his opponent would be "a dream come true":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?;topic=260955.0

If he says he actually wants Clinton to be the nominee, then I guess he doesn't want his own dreams to come true.  Sad

Alternatively, he wants Clinton to run only so she can lose the nomination to Warren.
twenty42
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 10:35:35 AM »

I get the feeling that it’s going to happen. She doesn’t seem to be done with politics from what I’ve seen and heard. She and Bill also have zero shame, which is another good reason to believe she will make another run. I think Hillary 2020 would be equal parts frustrating and hilarious. I think Trump would wipe the floor with her and the debates would be epic (could you just see Trump dropping the line, “That’s why you keep losing elections, Hillary”), but I’m also quite sick of her and to have to endure another one of her campaigns would be exhausting.

The worst part is that she would probably waltz to the nomination again, since the superdelegates would predictably have her back and there are no Obamas out there to challenge her.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 10:38:33 AM »

Yawn. Get some legislation passed idiot.
ahugecat

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 10:45:30 AM »

I get the feeling that it’s going to happen. She doesn’t seem to be done with politics from what I’ve seen and heard. She and Bill also have zero shame, which is another good reason to believe she will make another run. I think Hillary 2020 would be equal parts frustrating and hilarious. I think Trump would wipe the floor with her and the debates would be epic (could you just see Trump dropping the line, “That’s why you keep losing elections, Hillary”), but I’m also quite sick of her and to have to endure another one of her campaigns would be exhausting.

The worst part is that she would probably waltz to the nomination again, since the superdelegates would predictably have her back and there are no Obamas out there to challenge her.

I think she'll pull a Romney and flirt with a run in early 2019, only for the backlash to be so intense she decides not to run.

However, if she DOES run, she likely won't even make it to Iowa. But then again, with how the Establishment is STILL fawning over her you may be right in terms of superdelegates.
twenty42
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 10:58:59 AM »

I think she'll pull a Romney and flirt with a run in early 2019, only for the backlash to be so intense she decides not to run.

However, if she DOES run, she likely won't even make it to Iowa. But then again, with how the Establishment is STILL fawning over her you may be right in terms of superdelegates.

Not only would she win the nomination, but the MSM would STILL treat her as an inevitable colossus who is guaranteed to be the next president. Even after she lost twice.
ahugecat

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 11:16:35 AM »

Not only would she win the nomination, but the MSM would STILL treat her as an inevitable colossus who is guaranteed to be the next president. Even after she lost twice.

2 weeks ago I would have laughed at this, and said you were wrong. She may flirt with running again, but then drop out during the "invisible" primary (a la Mitt Romney).

Then I saw this Jimmy Fallon "Thank You Hillary" video (warning: the cringe is UNREAL): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpzeQ1Z3Ut0

And now I am pretty much convinced you're right. That video is North Korean levels of worship. And the crazy thing is? Fallon is apolitical or wants to be at least. So for him to do this REALLY indicates they will sextuple down on Hillary Clinton!

The "It's her turn" wasn't just a slogan - but the rule of LAW to Democrats. It is HER frickin turn, it's HER rightful throne. It's called Hysteria. Induced by losing what they deemed to be their rightful throne, and any reasoning behind their loss CANNOT be legal or logical as it was rightfully theirs. Therefore, it was clearly Russian interference.

Hillary Clinton has become what her former boss would call a "bitter clinger."

Let me ask you this - if she DOES run in 2020 (I say it's a 30% chance now!), she gets the nomination but then she loses again, do you think she'll try to run AGAIN in 2024?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »

Let me ask you this - if she DOES run in 2020 (I say it's a 30% chance now!), she gets the nomination but then she loses again, do you think she'll try to run AGAIN in 2024?

Would have to start calling her Hillary Jennings Clinton.
twenty42
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 12:05:16 PM »

I think 2020 will be her last hurrah, only because I don’t think she will have the physical stamina for a presidential campaign by the time she is 77. She had some health issues in 2016 after all, and being eight years older won’t help matters. I also think Obama will repudiate her if she loses the 2020 GE...something along the lines of, “I have the utmost respect for Mrs. Clinton and her lifetime of service to our country, but the Democratic Party needs a new face.”

Those are the only things that would stop her, though. Had Hillary been born in 1957 instead of 1947, she would definitely consider it.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 12:17:56 PM »

Exactly he wants to relive his past / victory,  rather then confront the harsh reality of his lack of accomplishments and dismal approval ratings.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »

Exactly he wants to relive his past / victory,  rather then confront the harsh reality of his lack of accomplishments and dismal approval ratings.
ahugecat

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 12:36:05 PM »

The reason this is happening is because the Establishment NEVER expected him to win.

The GOP Establishment NEVER had the intention of repealing and replacing Obamace. They'd virtue signal to their constituents all the time and send a million bills for Obama to veto every day.

That's why 2018 is so important - not only must the GOP win a supermajority in the Senate, but the new GOP Senators MUST be Trumplicans.

McCain, Murkowski, and Collins will take the fall so it will be interesting to see if (when) the GOP gets 62 seats if they will take the fall AGAIN.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 12:46:39 PM by Liberalrocks »

Exactly he wants to relive his past / victory,  rather then confront the harsh reality of his lack of accomplishments and dismal approval ratings.

The reason this is happening is because the Establishment NEVER expected him to win.

The GOP Establishment NEVER had the intention of repealing and replacing Obamace. They'd virtue signal to their constituents all the time and send a million bills for Obama to veto every day.

That's why 2018 is so important - not only must the GOP win a supermajority in the Senate, but the new GOP Senators MUST be Trumplicans.

McCain, Murkowski, and Collins will take the fall so it will be interesting to see if (when) the GOP gets 62 seats if they will take the fall AGAIN.
What accomplishments can be pointed to? Accomplishments as in plural. All he can spout is 2016, it’s tired. People will want something at some point rather then living in the past daily which is what this Clinton talk is really about.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 01:00:19 PM by Biden/Kander 2020 »

Exactly he wants to relive his past / victory,  rather then confront the harsh reality of his lack of accomplishments and dismal approval ratings.
The GOP Establishment NEVER had the intention of repealing and replacing Obamace.

I don't think this is quite true. Every GOP Senator likely wanted to repeal and replace Obamacare, and had an idea of what the repeal/replace plan would look like. The problem is that Rand Paul or Mike Lee's vision for Obamacare repeal was drastically different from Susan Collins or Rob Portman's vision that they couldn't agree on anything.

The smart thing to do would have been to put a clear plan in the 2016 GOP platform, so that every Senator or Representative would go into the process knowing exactly what they were getting. The problem there is that the specifics may have turned some people off. (This is the same reason progressive Dems aren't really giving specifics for their "Healthcare for All" push).

Also, this process was a little bit rushed. If anything, they should have used the 2017 reconciliation for tax reform, where they could likely get faster agreement within the caucus. Then they would have had more than a year and a half to construct a healthcare bill that could get to 218 + 50.

As for Clinton running again, I think people may be overestimating the power of Dem superdelegates. Almost every Democrat I know is tired of Clinton to at least some degree, and I would imagine that many of her voters would ditch her for Harris, Biden, or possibly Gillibrand. I do think the Democrats realize that they won't win if Hillary is nominated again (or at least a good number of them do, including Biden), and will likely desert her for other people. I think the "heir to the throne" concept is probably the single most damaging thing the Dems can do to their 2020 chances.
ahugecat

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 01:00:35 PM »

What accomplishments can be pointed to? Accomplishments as in plural. All he can spout is 2016, it’s tired. People will want something at some point rather then living in the past daily which is what this Clinton talk is really about.

It comes down to 2018.

Trump is a true outsider - when Obama said "I continue to believe Trump will not be President" he was serious. Trump was never supposed to win.

My biggest problem with Trump is that he desperately wants to be loved by the Establishment. He needs to quit trying to appease them and focus on MAGA. If Trump continues to appease the Establishment though he will face the same fate as Luther Strange.

One thing I wish Trump would do was increase immigration law enforcement 1,000-fold (literally) and start deportations faster.
ahugecat

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »

I think 2020 will be her last hurrah, only because I don’t think she will have the physical stamina for a presidential campaign by the time she is 77. She had some health issues in 2016 after all, and being eight years older won’t help matters. I also think Obama will repudiate her if she loses the 2020 GE...something along the lines of, “I have the utmost respect for Mrs. Clinton and her lifetime of service to our country, but the Democratic Party needs a new face.”

Those are the only things that would stop her, though. Had Hillary been born in 1957 instead of 1947, she would definitely consider it.

TBH I think she'd still try to run for President even if she's in hospice care.

At this point she DESPERATELY wants to go down in history as the first woman President. Her Presidency could be shorter than Harrison's but as long as the history books say she's the first female President it's all good.

She really, really wants to be a feminist icon even though she's anything BUT. Like her former boss would say, she's a "bitter clinger."

Her losing in 2016 was so delightful for me. And of the reasons for that was because of how DESPERATELY she wanted to be the first female President. She didn't care about actually breaking that glass ceiling - she cared it would be HER that shattered it. She wants to be for women what Obama was for blacks but it's not even close.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 01:15:04 PM »

At this point she DESPERATELY wants to go down in history as the first woman President. Her Presidency could be shorter than Harrison's but as long as the history books say she's the first female President it's all good.

She really, really wants to be a feminist icon even though she's anything BUT. Like her former boss would say, she's a "bitter clinger."

Her losing in 2016 was so delightful for me. And of the reasons for that was because of how DESPERATELY she wanted to be the first female President. She didn't care about actually breaking that glass ceiling - she cared it would be HER that shattered it. She wants to be for women what Obama was for blacks but it's not even close.

Perhaps she'd run, but that doesn't mean she'll go anywhere. Democrats are tired of her, and not just the ones out to the left. She's not going to be able to part the field automatically if she runs this time. There will be at least 6 or 7 other reasonable candidates. If she runs she'll lose badly in Iowa (probably placing like 4th or 3rd at best) and then will be forced to drop out (or, in any case, she'll be out of the race).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 01:48:17 PM »

If the Comey letter was the reason she lost then that's sad because Trump faced a million tougher things than she did (not even including the self inflicted wounds). You're like an 18-0 NFL team who blames the ref for losing the Super Bowl.

The difference is the Comey letter was the last major event to happen in the election, and Americans have the attention span of a goldfish. If the Comey letter and Access Hollywood tape switched dates, you'd be looking at President Clinton and Majority Leader Schumer. So congrats on lucking out with timing.
ahugecat

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 01:55:04 PM »

I don't think this is quite true. Every GOP Senator likely wanted to repeal and replace Obamacare, and had an idea of what the repeal/replace plan would look like. The problem is that Rand Paul or Mike Lee's vision for Obamacare repeal was drastically different from Susan Collins or Rob Portman's vision that they couldn't agree on anything.

The smart thing to do would have been to put a clear plan in the 2016 GOP platform, so that every Senator or Representative would go into the process knowing exactly what they were getting. The problem there is that the specifics may have turned some people off. (This is the same reason progressive Dems aren't really giving specifics for their "Healthcare for All" push).

Also, this process was a little bit rushed. If anything, they should have used the 2017 reconciliation for tax reform, where they could likely get faster agreement within the caucus. Then they would have had more than a year and a half to construct a healthcare bill that could get to 218 + 50.

As for Clinton running again, I think people may be overestimating the power of Dem superdelegates. Almost every Democrat I know is tired of Clinton to at least some degree, and I would imagine that many of her voters would ditch her for Harris, Biden, or possibly Gillibrand. I do think the Democrats realize that they won't win if Hillary is nominated again (or at least a good number of them do, including Biden), and will likely desert her for other people. I think the "heir to the throne" concept is probably the single most damaging thing the Dems can do to their 2020 chances.

The GOP Establishment (GOPe) would send like 50 bills to Obama's desk knowing he could veto it. But they could virtue signal to their voters and say "Look! See? the only reason we can't repeal Obamacare is because we need the Presidency! So elect Jeb Bush to help us!"

The GOPe thought Jeb Bush would win 2016 so they NEVER thought they'd actually have to repeal and replace Obamacare (Jeb Bush said he would, but he wouldn't have).

The GOPe not only expected Trump to lose, but WANTED him to not only lose, but lose big league. Lose bigger than McCain did in 2008.

I call the GOPe and the Democratic Establishment the "uniparty," because they're not any different. The one thing that actually DID shock me though was them not giving Garland a hearing - however, I actually think that was a play on BOTH sides (Obama thought Clinton would win).

McCain, Murkowski, and Collins took the fall in 2017. They needed 3 GOP Senators to abstain and those 3 chose to do it. I was wondering though if we had 54 GOP Senators (say, Heck and Ayotte won) who would have been number 4 and 5?

One thing that pisses me off about Trump is that he could have started 2017 with a bang with infrastructure. Infrastructure had bipartisan support and was super popular among the American people.

Instead he decided to write that dumb travel ban.

OR what Trump should have done (if he were smart) would have the house pass a clean repeal bill, and then have the Democrats kill it in the Senate via filibuster. so then claim he needs 60+ seats in 2018. Instead he looked like a damn fool.

If I were in Trump's position I'd be unstoppable.
twenty42
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 02:03:55 PM »

Perhaps she'd run, but that doesn't mean she'll go anywhere. Democrats are tired of her, and not just the ones out to the left. She's not going to be able to part the field automatically if she runs this time. There will be at least 6 or 7 other reasonable candidates. If she runs she'll lose badly in Iowa (probably placing like 4th or 3rd at best) and then will be forced to drop out (or, in any case, she'll be out of the race).

You're forgetting something important...Hillary is THE face of the Democratic Party establishment. She WILL have the support of the superdelegates if she runs, only because so many Democrats are indebted to the Clintons. I really don't see another 2008 Obama candidacy materializing, but I could be wrong. But if 2020 does turn out to be a clown-car primary, it will be Hillary who has the most donors, the most name recognition, and probably the most money. The sad reality is that she will be the built-in favorite if she runs, and it will be an uphill battle to take her down.

If Hillary truly cared so much about stopping Donald Trump in the grand scheme of things, the best thing she could do for her party and for her country would be to retire from politics and public life. If she couldn't defeat him, the honorable thing to do would be to give somebody else a shot to do what she couldn't. But I really don't think she does care all that much about anything except her own agenda to be president. Getting renominated in 2020 and then losing to Trump again would indeed cement her legacy as a self-promoting opportunist whose arrogance and hubris produced two terms of Donald Trump.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies