cost of living in Lapland? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:41:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  cost of living in Lapland? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: cost of living in Lapland?  (Read 5398 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: October 20, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »

I like Tweed's tale, and as usual Gustaf has no idea what he's talking about.

I see your point Tweed, if you prefer the whites you'd be better off in eastern Europe (though technically they're Slavs, not sure if that is a 'white' in the strictest sense, but whatever). 

However, if your fantasy is about some girl in poverty/backbreaking labor, I think you'll find those all over the United States, if you just look around.  Perhaps your Romantic Tourism can be accomplished at the Wendy's Drive Through just as easily as in the lapland.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 08:28:21 AM »

Why would you live in Lapland of all places when you could live in Minnesota ?

Asked and answered, tenderB:

However, if your fantasy is about some girl in poverty/backbreaking labor, I think you'll find those all over the United States, if you just look around.  Perhaps your Romantic Tourism can be accomplished at the Wendy's Drive Through just as easily as in the lapland.

but the grease-soaked American versions are all fat and incapable of abstract thought.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 08:38:55 AM »

With all due respect, I know how to import wives into my own country.

You are one up on me there, horndog.  But the ignorance to which I referred was your characterization of other countries, and the economic policies which lead to this that and the other thing.   

If you and Opebo could be honest about being evil reactionaries I wouldn't give you such a hard time, you know.

No one feels you're 'giving us a hard time', Gustaf.  You're just revealing your comical delusions. We quite enjoy it. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 08:56:25 AM »

To be fair, Tweed, I am not really certain if people here are capable of 'abstract thought'.  I mean, of course some are, but one can never tell for sure if they're pretending, or just 'going through the motions' without really feeling it. 

I suppose Eastern Europe is famous for such things - the Slavic Soul.  If that's your cup of tea.  How do you suppose they are on the issue of hygeine though?

Anyway, I envy you your youth, your high expections, and most of all your potential inheritance.  I have long anticipated something in that vein, but the longer I wait, the more I doubt.  Tweed, let me ask you this -  have you ever seen the movie Strangers on a Train?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »

The Slavic Soul sounds like an inherent contradiction.

You hear about that all the time, I've never seen it myself.

Opebo, given your implied proposal a more apt question might be whether YOU have actually seen Stranger on a Train all the way to the end? Tongue

No, never did.  But whatever the ending was, it couldn't have been worse than living in poverty and having to work.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 03:03:23 PM »

I have a feeling Tweed wouldn't be the same if he were to be nut-hobbled...

I have a feeling that is precisely what he's into.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies