NB: The Budget (November 2016 - February 2017) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:28:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NB: The Budget (November 2016 - February 2017) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NB: The Budget (November 2016 - February 2017)  (Read 3792 times)
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« on: January 16, 2017, 08:08:34 PM »

We should just eliminate "other" outright if we're not even going to specify what that is - a rainy day fund?*  Booze and hookers?  What, exactly?

General government and police can probably take some modest cuts without having any serious disruptions in daily functions.

* Come to think of it, we could probably use a section of the budget for emergencies.

Setting up a $10 billion emergency fund would be fair in my mind. Cutting general govt to $20 billion and police/justice to $15 billion would be fine with me. That'd trim roughly $40 billion.

I'm in support of creating a section for Emergency (i.e. natural disasters, etc.).  An 'Other' category to me is not very transparent.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 02:26:44 PM »

Here is an updated proposal:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Without the tax revenue or the new automobile purchase tax accounted for, we're currently sitting at a deficit of $473.104 billion. We are not allowed to have a deficit.

I suppose we should revisit this and open it to new ideas from both our new and returning members alike.  I think that we had fine-tuned many of the expense numbers, but the big hangup here was the uncertainty about income tax data.  I know that we had some input from our Senators, though one eventually went on LOA and we had some turnover with the Assembly over the last term. 
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »

Thank you Clyde!  It does appear that we have a healthy surplus.  Keep in mind that we enacted new programs and policies over the last term such as a new green business program and tax cuts for new residents.  The surplus should cover those policies.  So what would the new date range be, Mar-June 2017?  Any other thoughts/ideas from the Assembly?
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 08:52:58 AM »

If we have the funds left over after the new programs are funded, I propose we allocate some funding to investigating high-speed rail.

I would definitely support looking into a high speed rail plan for the region.  I will be happy to bring such legislation onto the floor.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 02:22:39 PM »

Alright, I have just one edit before we pass it (HSR can be in our next budget):

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I support the motion and will open a 48-hour period for a vote on the above proposed budget.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 02:23:38 PM »

Aye
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 02:28:59 PM »

With 4 Ayes, 0 Nays, and 1 absence, the bill passes and is sent to the Governor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies