POPE TO ABDICATE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:25:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  POPE TO ABDICATE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: POPE TO ABDICATE  (Read 10438 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: February 11, 2013, 08:17:10 AM »

Turkson looks like he'd probably be fine.  Ouellet and Arinze appear to be way too right-wing for me.

Of course, it's all speculation.  Benedict was nowhere near as right-wing as he was expected to be.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »

The right wing catholic blogosphere seems to hate the cardinal from Manila, so I'm rooting for him.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51:59 PM »

If it's Dolan, I'm out.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:17:21 PM »

Great. Bye. If your membership in this Church depends on who the Pope is then you really aren't a serious Roman Catholic anyway.

And don't give me the "You're a typical right winger Catholic, Phil!" You know my position on idiotic proposals that have been trumpeted by certain conservatives (like denying Eucharist to Pro Choice politicians).

If Michael Moore had decided to become a priest, and rose up to be a cardinal, and kept the same obnoxious, overtly political personality, and then was somehow elected pope, I think you would feel pretty abandoned by the Church.

And I'm aware that you oppose denying Communion.  You tell me all the time even though I've never said you support it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:23:54 PM »

Just out of curiosity Harry, what do you think of the case with my friend listed above (since I know you share the same position as her on this theological issue.) Imagine she was raised Catholic instead of conservative Protestant.

If she's doing what she feels is the best thing for her and her community, then I'm happy for her.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »

Before Harry leaves, he might want to take a look at Cardinal Dolan's most recent Facebook post where he states that he'll pray for "meaningful and effective" gun control measures.

Oh, no! I better leave the Church!

And Michael Moore is a member of the NRA.  They're almost exact mirrors of each other.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies