The Bernie Wing Takeover continues- Firebrand Morgan Carroll elected as CO Chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:33:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Bernie Wing Takeover continues- Firebrand Morgan Carroll elected as CO Chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Bernie Wing Takeover continues- Firebrand Morgan Carroll elected as CO Chair  (Read 559 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: March 12, 2017, 09:11:31 PM »
« edited: March 12, 2017, 09:23:11 PM by Lincoln Republican »

@OurRevolution
Congratulations, @MorganLCarroll! @coloradodems have a bright future behind your progressive, people-powered vision!

Colorado Democrats elected former Senate President Morgan Carroll as state party chair Saturday at a central committee meeting in Denver.

“I believe what we need right now is a movement, not just a club, and I believe the Democratic Party should be on the front lines of the resistance — we must adapt or face extinction,” Carroll told Democrats gathered at the Marriott Denver City Center for the party’s biennial reorganization.

Carroll, an Aurora Democrat, won election to a two-year term by a wide margin, receiving 401 votes to 38 votes for Clear Creek County Commissioner Tim Mauck, who stressed the importance of reaching out to rural and suburban Democrats.

“The Republicans will not fix this mess. The unaffiliateds have no infrastructure. Third parties do not have the numbers. So, therefore, in my view, the future of the free world and our constitutional democracy, our civil rights and liberties and our planet are depending on us and the Democratic Party she said, and the crowd went wild.

Carroll said it was crucial to make sure everyone felt welcome in the party and vowed to institute what she called a 64-county strategy.

“My hope,” she said, “is to make us the state party that becomes the model for the whole country.” Describing her vision for the party, Carroll added, “What I would like to do to see the state party at the forefront of the resistance, offer one-stop shop place to go where people can find out when, where and how to be engaged every day, not just on elections.”

This is without a doubt one of the most ridiculous examples of 21st century demagoguery and fear mongering I have ever seen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies