2006 Senate Seats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:33:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2006 Senate Seats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2006 Senate Seats  (Read 31776 times)
danwxman

« on: December 11, 2004, 03:14:46 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Extreme - Jim Inhofe, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell....

I honestly don't see Santorum as an extremist and neither do the people of Pennsylvania. They approve of his job as Senator.

Welll with some of the thing he has said about gays he can fit in the Falwell & Robertson category

The gay comment went alittle too far but I don't believe he hates gays as many believe he does.

Anyway my whole point is the Rick Santorum of 2004 is without a doubt more conservative than the Rick Santorum that ran for Senate in 2000, and that will may very well pose a problem for him in the 2006 election. the support & votes he had from the more liberal republicans, .conservative Dems, and overall moderates in general may not be there in 06. A moderate Democrat can really paint Santorum as being outside of the mainstream, an extremist & basically use some of his comments to prove the point.

I don't think you understand that Pennsylvanians accept Santorum's views and that's why he has some of the highest approval ratings in the state. The only Democrat that could beat Santorum is a conservative Democrat - Bob Casey, Jr. And Casey is not running so in my opinion, Santorum will keep the seat.

Got a source for any recent approval ratings for Santorum? I heard they were slipping during the election season.
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 03:48:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Extreme - Jim Inhofe, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell....

I honestly don't see Santorum as an extremist and neither do the people of Pennsylvania. They approve of his job as Senator.

Welll with some of the thing he has said about gays he can fit in the Falwell & Robertson category

The gay comment went alittle too far but I don't believe he hates gays as many believe he does.

Anyway my whole point is the Rick Santorum of 2004 is without a doubt more conservative than the Rick Santorum that ran for Senate in 2000, and that will may very well pose a problem for him in the 2006 election. the support & votes he had from the more liberal republicans, .conservative Dems, and overall moderates in general may not be there in 06. A moderate Democrat can really paint Santorum as being outside of the mainstream, an extremist & basically use some of his comments to prove the point.

I don't think you understand that Pennsylvanians accept Santorum's views and that's why he has some of the highest approval ratings in the state. The only Democrat that could beat Santorum is a conservative Democrat - Bob Casey, Jr. And Casey is not running so in my opinion, Santorum will keep the seat.

Got a source for any recent approval ratings for Santorum? I heard they were slipping during the election season.

The last ones I've seen were the August numbers. I have no idea how you can "hear" about approval ratings when no ratings have been released.

What are the numbers from August? I posted an article on here a while ago that said Santorum's approval numbers were slipping.
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 06:04:37 PM »

It just said his numbers were slipping and lower then Spector's.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies