Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:37:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 5297 times)
motomonkey
Rookie

« on: October 12, 2007, 04:55:15 AM »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119217994461357186.html?mod=djemalert

Just begs me to jump off the wagon of rational political observers.  Never in my life, have I witnessed a more perfect opportunity for a non-candidate to win the office of the President of the United States.  I never thought any former vice president could resist such a situation. 

Amazing.
motomonkey
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:29:18 AM »

Attacking the Nobel Peace Prize because they don't like Gore says more about the character of the attackers than the attacked. 

Al Gore unquestionably has been a leader in raising awareness of global warming.  Whether global warming is a threat that ultimately "threatens the peace" it is a threat none the less.

As far as the first accusation that this is not relevant to the Presidential election I say:

How can any news item that forces the front runner, Hillary Clinton, to put up a picture of Al Gore on HER own website not be relevant?  Every candidate and every major news outlet in the country ran with the story of Al Gore's winning the Nobel Peace Prize speculation on how it will impact the presidential election of 2008.  It is relevant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies