The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:17:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 103701 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: September 22, 2018, 12:54:04 PM »
« edited: September 27, 2018, 12:35:45 AM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2020 (Hour One)

7:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9xY_CoC_M

Wolf Blitzer: CNN is ready to make its first projections of the night and we can project that Vice President Portman will win the states of Indiana and South Carolina and Governor Whitmer will carry Vermont . Georgia , Kentucky and Virginia are all too early to call.

Portman 20
Whitmer 3

Wolf Blitzer: South Carolina usually doenst get called at polling time but it was this year

Gloria Borger: With Nikki Haley on the ticket it is possible that South Carolina could vote to the right of Alabama this year and be the most Republican Southern State.

Wolf Blitzer: Now lets go to John King who will explain us the Kentucky and Georgia Senate Races

John King: Well as usually in Kentucky Democrats must perform strong in Eastern Kentucky and in Georgia the race will be decided by the margins in the Atlanta Suburbs. Currently there is not much data i but these races likely wont be called until late tonight is all I can say.

7:30:

Wolf Blitzer: The polls have closed in a few more states and CNN can project that the states of Georgia and Ohio have been won by Vice President Portman while the states of West Virginia and North Carolina remain too early to call.

Portman 54
Whitmer 3

Jake Tapper: Again No surprise as these states were what we had in the Solid Republican Column and while Ohio usually is close , Vice President Portman is from there and he has maintained a double-digit lead in Ohio throughout the campaign so its not a surprise.

Dana Bash: Yes I agree while Ohio usually is considered a good bellwether state it really cant be considered one this time due to the circumstances. In fact if Ohio was not called immediatly for the Vice President that would have been an indication that hes doing much worse than expected.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #826 on: September 22, 2018, 01:18:49 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2018, 12:35:59 AM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2020 (Hour Two)

8:00

Wolf Blitzer: Its 8:00 in the east and the polls have closed in many states throughout the nation. CNN can now project that the states of Alabama, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Tennessee and Governor Whitmer will win the States of Connecticut, Deleware, District of Columbia,Illionis, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island . The states of Florida,Maine, Missouri, New Jersey ,and Pennsylvania are all too early to call

Portman 106
Whitmer 61

Wolf Blitzer: We can also project that Republican Phillip Gunn has won the Mississippi Senate Seat by defeating Senator Mike Espy . So so far in the Senate the Republicans have picked up 1 Senate Seat.

Now lets go over to John King who will look at the state of New Jersey for us

John King: In New Jersey the key bellwether county is Middlesex so whoever wins that likely will win the state tonight. Our exit polls in key precincts there show it will be very close so this state will likely not be decided until deep in the night.

Wolf : Lets go over the panel for their reactions of the rest of the states

Ana Navarro: So far its going like everyone expected it to so there is not much to say other than that the map will change tonight.

Van Jones: I agree , elections from 1992-2012 followed the same trends in many ways and the fact is the Romney administration has altered those trends so it will be interesting to look at what the new map will be tonight because my hunch is we will be stuck with a map similar to this for at least the next 2-3 cycles.

Wolf Blitzer: Lets go back to John King who will explain some more key states

John King: Looking at Missouri I would say the county we should all look at is Clay as if Whitmer wins this county or even put up Obama 08 numbers here she will win the state.

8:30:

Wolf Blitzer: The polls have closed in Arkansas and we can project it will be won by Vice President Portman

Portman 112
Whitmer 61

Jake Tapper: Arkansas was a state which considered to be a state where Governor Whitmer would have an outside chance for most of the campaign but after the state stayed a solid 7-8 point lead for Vice President Portman the Democrats gave it up in the final weeks which my opinion was smart as if they contested it, the state probably would not have been called immediately but it would have been a waste of resources they could use in other states.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #827 on: September 23, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2018, 07:03:22 PM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2020 (Hour Three)

9:00

Wolf Blitzer: Its 9 in the east and we can project that Vice President Portman will win the states of Kansas, Lousinia, 4/5 electoral votes in Nebraska, North and South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming and Governor Whitmer will win the states of Michigan and New York. Currently, the states of Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, New Mexico, and Wisconsin are all currently too early to call.

Portman 177
Whitmer 106

Wolf Blitzer: So Kansas going to Vice President at poll closing is good news. To let our viewers know that Arizona, while the polls have closed the first results, dont usually come in until 10 pm .

Anderson Cooper: Well I would say it is good news but Kansas in the last weeks you could a coming home affect .

Wolf Blitzer: Now to welcome to the panel former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm and Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner. So what are your thoughts on the results so far

Ruaner: So far I would say they are going well seeing the fact that we are doing well in the electoral college and in these undecided swing states so far, but there is still a long way to go

Granholm: Well right now I wouldnt say I am very worried yet because there is a long way to go today evening but I would agree its so far been better for Vice President Portman than Governor Whitmer. If Governor Whitmer does lose I will feel bad for her as she ran a terrific campaign and has been a great governor of the state of Michigan and I would say she deserves this win more than anyone.

Kate Bolduan: I agree the fact is if the national environment was neutral , this race probably would be called by Governor Whitmer by midnight.

Wolf Blitzer: Lets look at the critical state of New Jersey and go over to John King for his analysis of it .

John King : Currently the Vice Presidnet has a narrow lead Middlesex County which is good news so if this margin holds this state likely will go to him but the fact is there is still around a third of the vote left to count and margin can easily flip with that much of the vote left.

9:15:

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that Florida and its 29 electoral votes will go to the Vice President while Pennsylvania and its 20 electoral votes will go to the Governor.

Portman 206
Whitmer 126

Chris Cuomo: Both those states were states that both campaigns needed and they have won them.

9:42:

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can project that the Vice President will carry the state of Kentucky and its 8 electoral votes while Governor Whitmer will win West Virginia which will mark the first time since 1996 that a Democrat has won that state.

Portman 214
Whitmer 131

Wolf Blitzer: We can also project that Congressman Richard Ojeda will defeat Congresswomen Shelly Moore Capito meaning the Democrats will hold the battleground Senate seat in West Virginia
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #828 on: September 23, 2018, 05:36:11 PM »

Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #829 on: September 23, 2018, 05:43:53 PM »

MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #830 on: September 23, 2018, 06:19:03 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #831 on: September 23, 2018, 06:49:55 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2018, 06:58:46 PM by 2016 »

I'd rather be Portman than Whitmer right now. Colorado is still open, Virginia is still open, Missouri as well. Not looking good for her.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #832 on: September 23, 2018, 06:58:01 PM »

We all know Portman is going to win
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #833 on: September 23, 2018, 06:58:37 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2018, 07:03:09 PM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2020 (Hour Four)

10:00

Wolf Blitzer: It 10 in the east and we can project that the states of Arizona and Utah will be won by Vice President Portman and we can project that Governor Whitmer will win the state of Minnesota . We are saying Iowa, Nevada, and Montana will be too close to call

Portman 231
Whitmer 141

Wolf Blitzer: Lets go to John King who will now report on two critical Senate races Kentucky and Georgia

John King: First let us look at Kentucky in which Clark , Scott County have gone to Mr. Beshear and he currently leads in Madison but its very close there. If he manages to hold on in Madiosn I really dont see a path for Former Governor Bevin especially since he failed to get 40% of the vote in Jefferson as well.

In Georgia, just like it was 6 years ago it is extremely close and it looks like whoever wins the battleground Cobb County will win the Seat as both candidates are doing as well as they needed
everywhere else.

10:30:

Wolf Blitzer: CNN Can now project that Vice President Portman will carry the states of Colorado ,Virginia and the 2nd district in Nebraska while Governor Whitmer will win New Mexico.

Portman 254
Whitmer 146

John King: Well the fact is that Democrats did not make the inroads in South West Virginia they needed or come close to the Margins in NoVa they had from 2005-2008 in statewide elections there.

While the Electoral College might look lopsided it is not as lopsided as people think as if you give the Democrats the states they are going to win for sure: California, Washington,Maine 1st and Hawaii that will give them 218 Electoral Votes and you give the Republicans Idaho ,Alaska,Maine 2nd its 262. Now the map would still favor them but if you give the Democrats the states they will probably win such as Iowa, Missouri and Oregon it will give them 241 Electoral Votes. So yes Portman is favored but not by nearly as much as people think.

10:45

Wolf Blitzer: We can now project that Andy Beshear the Democrat will be the next Senator from Kentucky meaning that the balance of the senate goes back to a gain of 0 .

Junior Chimp

« Reply #834 on: September 23, 2018, 07:02:40 PM »

Is this going to come down to New Jersey as John King predicted weeks ago?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #835 on: September 23, 2018, 07:14:04 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2018, 07:02:53 PM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2020 (Hour Five)

11:00

Its 11:00 in the east and CNN can now project that the states of California, Washington and Hawaii will be won by Governor Whitmer while Idaho will be won by Vice President Portman

Portman 258
Whitmer 217

Dana Bash: This night now officially will be the closest election since 2004 and might even be closest since 2000.

Paul Begala : Well yes but it probably looks like Vice President Portman will prevail but the fact is Governor Whitmer ran a tremendous campaign but the fact is winning with conditions favoring the incumbent as much as it does today is difficult and I would say the national environment is the only reason Vice President Portman is winning so far.

Ana Navarro: That is wrong as the fact is he has done an excellent job as Vice President for the past 8 years and if he wins its becuase people are rewarding him for the job he did.

11:30:

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that the states of Missouri and Iowa will be won by Governor Whitmer.

Portman 258
Whitmer 233

Gloria Borger: Huge wins for Governor Whitmer as that keeps her in the race.

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #836 on: September 23, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »

Looks like we are headed towards a Whitmer EC/Portman PV split.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #837 on: September 23, 2018, 09:55:25 PM »

Whitmer needs to nearly run the board to win.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #838 on: September 23, 2018, 10:50:48 PM »

I believe in you Portman...
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #839 on: September 24, 2018, 01:07:47 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2018, 07:02:41 PM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2020 (Hour Six and Seven)

12:32

Wolf Blitzer: We can now project that Governor Whitmer will carry Oregon and its 7 Electoral Votes.

Portman 258
Whitmer 240

Wolf Blitzer: Now lets go to John King and the magic wall for an update on the states of New Jersey and Wisconsin

John King: First lets start with New Jersey and lets go to Middlesex County where all the vote has come in and Vice President Portman won it 50.4%- 49.1%. Now while there is still some areas  left outstanding the more Democratic part of the state mainly Newark its unlikely that will be enough to make it up.

In Wisconsin, the Vice President leads by 4 points at the moment but much of Milwaukee is still outstanding and I would say this lead the Vice President has at this moment means that this state is going to razor close when its called .

Wolf Blitzer: Stand by we have won more call and that is Congressman Steve Daines has won the Montana Gubernatorial race to be the next Governor of the state.

Lets go over to Brianna Keilar whos at Whitmer's headquarters right now

Keilar : Well the mood in the room just immediately changed from cheering when Oregon was called for the Governor to silence when John King announced that Middlesex County was won by Vice President Portman

Now lets go over to Kaitlan Collins to see the reaction of the Portman camp

Collins: The room is just ecstatic right now, as Fox News also just reported that Middlesex County was won by Vice President Portman.

CNN Guest: Well if you go over to NY Times they just have the Vice President chances of winning the election at over 95%.

1:00

Wolf Blitzer: The polls just closed in Alaska and we can project that Vice President Portman will win the state

Portman 261
Whitmer 240

1:21:

John King: With Essex over 99% and the lead that the Vice President still has in New Jersey I dont think there is a possible path left for Governor Whitmer to win .

Jake Tapper: Stand By

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now make a Major Projection

CNN Banner: Rob Portman Elected President
Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that Vice President Rob Portman will be the next President of America as we can now project the state of New Jersey will be won by the Vice President and that moves his electoral tally up from 261 to 275 surpassing the number you require to win.

Portman 275
Whitmer 240

Van Jones: Very Disappointing result but I am still very proud of the campaign Governor Whitmer ran . She ran I believe as good of a campaign as you possibly can but it was not enough to make up for the fact that we are in a time of peace and prosperity with a popular President and unlike in 1960 and 2000 the Vice President made sure the Popular President campaigned extensively for him. The fact is this election could have been a blowout like 1988 but Governor Whitmer made sure that wasnt the case, unfortantely it wasnt enough.

Ana Navarro: I would actually agree and if this was an election in a neutral environment or even if someone else got the Republican nomination, the call we would be making right now would have been projecting that Governor Gretchen Whitmer would be the 46th President. Anyway though I think it is unfair to call Vice President Portman lucky because the reason he won was because he performed great as Vice Presidnet during the past 8 years .

Jennifer Granholm: I totally agree and I think Governor Whitmer if she wants to should be given another chance 4 years from now or 8 years from now depending on how popular President-Elect Portman is in 2024.

Newt Gingrich: Well the fact is this election cements the work President Romney has done over the past 8 years just like HW win in 1988 cemented the work Reagan did. The fact is the American people like our agenda and that is why we won.

Anderson Cooper: We have gotten word that Governor Whitmer has conceded (AP called election 5 minutes before CNN) and is heading to give her Concession speech and President Elect Portman is heading to give his Victory Speech as well and will give it a few minutes after Governor Whitmer's speech.

UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #840 on: September 24, 2018, 01:11:32 AM »

Welp, I was wrong
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #841 on: September 24, 2018, 02:19:28 AM »

Sad Sad 12 years of GOP rule after just one Obama term.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #842 on: September 24, 2018, 06:41:46 AM »

So this is basically a McKinley realignment-type timeline.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #843 on: September 24, 2018, 09:42:59 AM »

So this is basically a McKinley realignment-type timeline.

Basically yes though there are some differences

Sad Sad 12 years of GOP rule after just one Obama term.

Though I think you probably would be much happier with this GOP than the OTL Tea Party/Trumpist GOP.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #844 on: September 24, 2018, 09:49:19 AM »

A rehash of the Reagan-Bush era. With Romney's popularity, Portman's win was beyond doubt.

Can't wait to see Romney's remarks on Election results.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #845 on: September 24, 2018, 01:20:07 PM »

Governor Gretchen Whitmer's Concession Speech:

Whitmer: Thank You, Thank You. A short while ago I had the chance to speak with Vice President Portman and congratulate him on being elected our great nation's next President. I told him that we all would be rooting and praying for his success now as the only way our nation can succeed now is if he succeeds. While we may be disappointed by the results of the election, we must never give up hope because at the end of the day change does not come about or go away as a result of one election, but the years of hard work we all put into making sure change happens despite the path along the way being bumpy(Applause).

So while we may have lost this election, the fight will continue on because of the fight for making sure our kids can live in a nation where any person can succeed and have a safe and secure life where they dont need to worry about which occupation they have or worry about whether they would go bankrupt because they dont have adequate health insurance never ends(Applause). I want to thank all my supporters and volunteers for this campaign as we would never have come close to making it this far without all the hard work you put in this campaign and I will always be grateful for that(Applause). Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #846 on: September 24, 2018, 01:45:35 PM »

Vice President Rob Portman's Victory Speech:

Portman: Thank You, Thank You. A short while ago Governor Whitmer called to congratulate me(Applause) and I congratulated her for running a great and tough campaign. While I may not agree with Governor Whitmer stances on the issues I will always respect her as she is a dedicated public servant who cares deeply about many issues and I wish her well for the remaining years she has left as Governor of Michigan(Applause). After a long hard fought campaign it is time for us to unite our great nation of ours as the only way we can succeed is we unite and work together in solving the many issues our nation has(Applause).

I want to thank my supporters and volunteers for this campaign because it was due to your hard work what made this victory possible tonight (Applause) and I promise that I will never forget that(Applause). I also want to thank President Romney for his hard work not only for our campaign but during his tenure in office as I learned a lot over these past 8 years and I look forward to continuing and expanding upon his successes over the next 4 years(Applause). While doing this along with achieving the goal of making our nation and world a better place may not be easy as President the buck will stop with me and I will work hard everyday to make sure we can accomplish these goals . Thank You , May God Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #847 on: September 24, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2018, 07:02:20 PM by Old School Republican »

CNN - America's Choice 2020 (Rest of Results)

2:45

Wolf Blitzer: We can project that the state of Nevada will be won by President-Elect Portman and Montana will be won by Governor Whitmer

Portman 281
Whitmer 243

3:52:

Wolf Blitzer: We can project that Wisconsin and the 2nd district of Maine will be won by President-Elect Portman while the other 3 electoral votes of Maine will be won by Governor Whitmer.

Portman 292
Whitmer 246

4:30

Wolf Blitzer: Our last call of the night will be that Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle has won the Georgia Senate Race meaning the Republicans will pick up 1 seat in that chamber.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #848 on: September 24, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »

Portman!!!!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #849 on: September 24, 2018, 07:28:00 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2018, 11:39:50 AM by Old School Republican »

2020 Election Final Results:

Presidential Race:

Vice President Rob Portman(R-OH)/Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley(R-SC) 292  50.3%
Governor Gretchen Whitmer(D-MI)/Senator Steve Bullock(D-MT) 246   48.9%

Close States(Under 5 Points):

Maine : Gretchen Whitmer 49.2% Rob Portman 49.1%
Wisconsin: Rob Portman 49.9% Gretchen Whitmer 49.6%
Montana: Gretchen Whitmer 50% Rob Portman 49.4%
Nevada: Rob Portman 50.1% Gretchen Whitmer 49%
New Jersey: Rob Portman 50.3% Gretchen Whitmer 49.1% ( Tipping Point State)
Virginia: Rob Portman 51.2% Gretchen Whitmer 48.4%
Kentucky: Rob Portman 51% Gretchen Whitmer 48%
West Virginia: Gretchen Whitmer 51.2% Rob Portman 47.9%
New Mexico: Gretchen Whitmer 50.8% Rob Portman 47.4%
Missouri: Gretchen Whitmer 51.4% Rob Portman 47.7%
Oregon: Gretchen Whitmer 51.4% Rob Portman 45.5%
Minnesota: Gretchen Whitmer 51.8% Rob Portman 47%

Senate:

Republicans: 54(+1)
Democrats: 45(-1)
Green: 1

Gubernatorial Races: