Washington state megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:07:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington state megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington state megathread  (Read 857003 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: November 16, 2009, 03:33:49 AM »

I agree with everything Ogre Mage said. And to expand on the last sentence of his post, I think Gregoire is going to go down as one of the best Governors in state history. Her record thus far has been pretty phenomenal all things considered (although I and other liberals will naturally continue to prod her to go further).

I'm also a little annoyed with her right now for jumping on the silly "return-ballots-by-election-day" bandwagon.

I've always wondered why Gregoire has such unimpressive ratings if she is so good, as you guys said.
But Ogre Mage's explanation makes sense.  
Too bad that she didn't rub off some of her boldness and decisiveness on Obama.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »

Question: does anyone sees a future for Gregoire after 2012 in a possible Obama administration?
She doesn't have many options since both Washington senators are relatively young and safe.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:46:33 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2009, 01:48:19 AM by px75 »

Isn't Gregoire a little old to become a Supreme Court Justice?
I certainly could see her becoming Attorney General, especially if Napolitano (another obvious choice) is appointed to the Supreme Court.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:54:03 AM »

I thought that Rossi was reluctant to go against Murray because a probable loss would mean the end of his political career. Why did he suddenly change his mind?
Does he really think that the political environment is now more toxic for the Democrats than it was 3-4 months ago?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 03:59:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XSLfm_h1WY&feature=player_embedded#!

lol. Where does this idea that Dino Rossi is some charismatic politician come from? He is boorrring. But I guess he's still charismatic compared to Gregoire.

Uhhh...

Is he gay?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 05:37:15 AM »

Just asking, but why haven't more states adopted the vote by mail system of the Pacific Northwest?
I'd expect that at least solidly Democratic states would adopt this system since it enhances turnout considerably. It seems to me that's good policy AND good politics for Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies