To those that know about my "situation"...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 12:13:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  To those that know about my "situation"...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: To those that know about my "situation"...  (Read 19404 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2008, 02:06:25 AM »

Oh. My. God. Oh...wow.

Uh...someone's signature...wow. Let's just say that someone's signature has a picture of a girl that looks a bit like the girl in question. I emphasis that the girl looks a bit similar. The hair is what reminds me of her.

Wow.

Who's signature?

That, my friend, is for you to find. It shouldn't be too hard to find though. Let's see...it's a picture of a girl...you recently posted in a thread where this picture almost immediately preceded your post...

I'm going to stress that this girl is not the spitting image of the girl in question. She doesn't have drawn on eyebrows, for one.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2008, 02:28:50 AM »

I sympathize with Phil's situation.  I am pretty shy around girls myself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2008, 02:34:35 AM »

It's time you put your nose to the grind and talked to this girl. At least introduce yourself in class or ask her about finals so it doesn't seem so awkward. Try to get a seat near her and then say something strange about finals, even if you know the answer, and begin a conversation that way. Tell her your name and what a pleasure it is to meet her. You haven't got much time! We can sit here and talk about it forever.

Oh, and this thread is still useless without pictures!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2008, 02:36:13 AM »

I sympathize with Phil's situation.  I am pretty shy around girls myself.

Me too.  I'm super-paranoid about making them uncomfortable (or was, I've been in a relationship hella long), but sometimes you just gotta own up to yourself, do a risk analysis, realize the obvious, and just do it nike-like.

Most girls don't give of obvious indicators.  Many who do are probably not the type that one is into.  Thus, societal rules force it upon the male to make a move into the fog of war in order to reach success in life (family-wise).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2008, 02:38:33 AM »

It's time you put your nose to the grind and talked to this girl. At least introduce yourself in class or ask her about finals so it doesn't seem so awkward. Try to get a seat near her and then say something strange about finals, even if you know the answer, and begin a conversation that way. Tell her your name and what a pleasure it is to meet her. You haven't got much time! We can sit here and talk about it forever.

Oh, and this thread is still useless without pictures!

Him taking pictures of her would probably be more forward than asking her if she knows his name.

Let's just assume she's Paula Abdul:
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2008, 09:45:44 AM »

Phil, testing the waters by just talking to her shouldn't be too hard. You'll see her reaction and then you can use that to determine your chances in going forward. But you really need a two-pronged move, so you better talk to her before the last class. Then, if she seems at all interested you can use the last class to make a move that would keep you in contact after it is all over.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2008, 10:57:37 AM »

Oh. My. God. Oh...wow.

Uh...someone's signature...wow. Let's just say that someone's signature has a picture of a girl that looks a bit like the girl in question. I emphasis that the girl looks a bit similar. The hair is what reminds me of her.

Wow.

Who's signature?

That, my friend, is for you to find. It shouldn't be too hard to find though. Let's see...it's a picture of a girl...you recently posted in a thread where this picture almost immediately preceded your post...

I'm going to stress that this girl is not the spitting image of the girl in question. She doesn't have drawn on eyebrows, for one.

You have a crush on Sarah Palin? Tongue
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2008, 01:36:35 PM »

Man up and talk to her, Phil.

If she fancies you and wants you to know it, then it'll be obvious. If she doesn't fancy you (and isn't horrible) she'll most likely still be nice to talk to. It's win win Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2008, 04:47:34 PM »

You might want to check out this post...

Oh. My. God. Oh...wow.

Wow.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2008, 03:54:10 AM »

Phil, I think I'm gonna make a movie today (or tomorrow - I'll be at a committee meeting weekend with the CR girl, so whenever the situation presents itself), and you should too.

Good night, and good luck.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »

Not in class today. No sighting yet. Three more class chances...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2008, 05:02:32 PM »

Maybe she knew you were going to make a move and decided to skip until finals. Maybe she found this thread because she had a crush on you and googled your name!

Oh the possibilities!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2008, 12:08:20 AM »

Well, as for me.  I'm like the only sober CR in Lansing right now.  Meanwhile, the girl I like is making out in some other room with another CR.  Again, I quit.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2008, 01:28:05 AM »

Well, as for me.  I'm like the only sober CR in Lansing right now.  Meanwhile, the girl I like is making out in some other room with another CR.  Again, I quit.

Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2008, 01:30:34 AM »

Sad

To quote a good friend of mine, "F**ck my life."
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2008, 04:04:08 AM »

wow well I just read through this whole thread. wow

well its all cool, hell I'm way more shy than all of you guys just go for it.

As it has already been mentioned you don't want to regret not doing it.

Don't be like me with a long list of regrets, man if i could only go back even 5 years wow all the things i would do different.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2008, 12:27:37 PM »

Here is how to tell if a girl is interested in you. You need 20 points for the girl to be interested in you.

*Moves near you and seems to be hovering (1)
*Consistently makes eye contact with you then looks away (1)
*Smiles at you (1)
*Tosses her hair when she knows you're looking at her (1)
*Brushes against you when walking by (2)
*Finds some reason to talk to you (ie: asks for a light, wants you to take a picture of her friends, or ask for the time) (1)
*Gives you a nickname (1)
*Laughs at your jokes and stories (1)
*Asks if you have a girlfriend (2)
*Waits for you if you go somewhere (ie: to the bar or bathroom) (1)
*Stays with you when her friends move away (2)
*Touches you during the conversation (1)
*Talks about your girlfriend without asking if you have one (In the hopes that you'll say that you don't have a girlfriend) (2)
*Asks you to "teach her" your hobbies or interests when you bring them up (1)
*Makes an effort to build rapport with you (1)
*Gives you genuine compliments (1)
*Moves close to you during your conversation (1)
*Shows "open" body language like playing with her hair, facing you, and exposing her wrists/neck/inner thigh (2)
*Accuses of you of being a tease or a player (1)
*Finds a reason to approach you after the initial conversation (1)
*Teases or otherwise challenge you (1)
*Tries to keep the conversation going after a momentary pause (1)
*Holds lengthy eye contact with you during the conversation (1)
*Looks for your reaction when she does or says something (1)
*Always returns your calls (1)
*Licks her lips around you (1)
*Create a pretense or reason to always hang out with you (1)
*Sends you lots of text messages, Facebook comments or Instant Messages (2)
*Has her legs touch you when you're sitting next to her (3)
*Has a boyfriend, but never finds a reason to mention him (1)
*Consistently makes physical contact with you during conversations (2)
*Seems jealous when you talk about other girls (2)
*Tries to introduce you to her friends and family (2)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2008, 01:09:05 PM »

Shoot. I almost forgot about this. Did anything ever happen? I assume your semester is over now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2008, 02:02:24 PM »

I have a bit of a funny story about this that I can tell later. I have another chance on Monday (the day of our final) so I have to hope I get there early, she gets there early and we sit next to each other and talk before the test.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »

I have a bit of a funny story about this that I can tell later. I have another chance on Monday (the day of our final) so I have to hope I get there early, she gets there early and we sit next to each other and talk before the test.

The last thing some girl wants to talk about is a relationship on the day of the final. They have bigger things to worry about, unless, of course, you've already talked to her this week and that's what your story is about. I am normally in a bad mood on those kind of days.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »

Here is how to tell if a girl is interested in you. You need 20 points for the girl to be interested in you.

*Moves near you and seems to be hovering (1)
*Consistently makes eye contact with you then looks away (1)
*Smiles at you (1)
*Tosses her hair when she knows you're looking at her (1)
*Brushes against you when walking by (2)
*Finds some reason to talk to you (ie: asks for a light, wants you to take a picture of her friends, or ask for the time) (1)
*Gives you a nickname (1)
*Laughs at your jokes and stories (1)
*Asks if you have a girlfriend (2)
*Waits for you if you go somewhere (ie: to the bar or bathroom) (1)
*Stays with you when her friends move away (2)
*Touches you during the conversation (1)
*Talks about your girlfriend without asking if you have one (In the hopes that you'll say that you don't have a girlfriend) (2)
*Asks you to "teach her" your hobbies or interests when you bring them up (1)
*Makes an effort to build rapport with you (1)
*Gives you genuine compliments (1)
*Moves close to you during your conversation (1)
*Shows "open" body language like playing with her hair, facing you, and exposing her wrists/neck/inner thigh (2)
*Accuses of you of being a tease or a player (1)
*Finds a reason to approach you after the initial conversation (1)
*Teases or otherwise challenge you (1)
*Tries to keep the conversation going after a momentary pause (1)
*Holds lengthy eye contact with you during the conversation (1)
*Looks for your reaction when she does or says something (1)
*Always returns your calls (1)
*Licks her lips around you (1)
*Create a pretense or reason to always hang out with you (1)
*Sends you lots of text messages, Facebook comments or Instant Messages (2)
*Has her legs touch you when you're sitting next to her (3)
*Has a boyfriend, but never finds a reason to mention him (1)
*Consistently makes physical contact with you during conversations (2)
*Seems jealous when you talk about other girls (2)
*Tries to introduce you to her friends and family (2)

I got pretty far without even getting half the "points" here, but anyway...

Phil.  Meeting women in class is nearly impossible especially at this point in the semester.  If you get another class with this girl, innocuously ask her what assignment happened or something along those lines.. comment on something she says, etc. then introduce yourself.  Ask her what she likes to do, go, is she in a sorority, etc.?

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »

The last thing some girl wants to talk about is a relationship on the day of the final.

I'm not talking about a relationship though. How has that not been clear? I need to actually talk to the girl for awhile first.

Anyway, here's what happened on Wednesday...

I'm running late (almost like always) and hurrying to get to class. I'm walking up the steps and hear someone as "Are you Phil Innamora...?" I stop and think to myself, "Oh God, it's her. Oh, thank God!" I turn around. I see that it's a girl. I see that she has the long, brown, kind of curly hair. I look at her and think, "Oh my God, it's her!"

Except it wasn't. I stare blankly at the girl for a few seconds and then realize that it was this girl I went to high school with. I was so disappointed.

I get to class. I end up sitting almost directly behind her and nothing happens. I tried waiting around after class. We were doing professor evaluations but once they started, she went outside to talk to the professor. I finished mine, acted like I was still doing it for a minute more and then just left. As I was leaving, I saw her outside talking to the professor. I'm guessing that she's struggling in the class. Damn me. That could have been my in with this girl weeks ago but I wasn't paying that much attention then. I would always see her and think, "Wow, she's hot" but really nothing more. I guess I was so wrapped up with other things (the campaign and stuff) that I didn't care to pursue anything. The whole damn semester down the damn toilet.

Oh, well. Hail Mary pass on Monday, guys. We'll see.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2008, 07:50:38 PM »

She might not want to talk much before the final on Monday. What class is it? I'm just so happy to be done with finals now!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2008, 08:38:25 PM »

The last thing some girl wants to talk about is a relationship on the day of the final.

I'm not talking about a relationship though. How has that not been clear? I need to actually talk to the girl for awhile first.

Anyway, here's what happened on Wednesday...

I'm running late (almost like always) and hurrying to get to class. I'm walking up the steps and hear someone as "Are you Phil Innamora...?" I stop and think to myself, "Oh God, it's her. Oh, thank God!" I turn around. I see that it's a girl. I see that she has the long, brown, kind of curly hair. I look at her and think, "Oh my God, it's her!"

Except it wasn't. I stare blankly at the girl for a few seconds and then realize that it was this girl I went to high school with. I was so disappointed.

I get to class. I end up sitting almost directly behind her and nothing happens. I tried waiting around after class. We were doing professor evaluations but once they started, she went outside to talk to the professor. I finished mine, acted like I was still doing it for a minute more and then just left. As I was leaving, I saw her outside talking to the professor. I'm guessing that she's struggling in the class. Damn me. That could have been my in with this girl weeks ago but I wasn't paying that much attention then. I would always see her and think, "Wow, she's hot" but really nothing more. I guess I was so wrapped up with other things (the campaign and stuff) that I didn't care to pursue anything. The whole damn semester down the damn toilet.

Oh, well. Hail Mary pass on Monday, guys. We'll see.

Good luck on the Hail Mary... maybe show up a little earlier than usual with a package of study notes and if you end up sitting next to her, ask if she wants to review any of your awesome prepackaged notes before the test. If she is truly struggling in class she might well appreciate the help.

When I was working on my Masters a few years back I had multiple individuals ask if I wanted to be study partners because I usually knew my material and spoke up often in class in an intelligent fashion. I accepted most of the invites (not because I was into any school romance since I was married to my previous wife at the time) but because it helped me keep ahead of the material.

It can be hard to meet people in a classroom setting, particularly if you are an undergrad with a larger class size, but not impossible and the one thing that you definitely have in common is school, and most likely social sciences.

If you do end up talking to her before finals, you might always consider asking what classes she is taking next term, favorite professors, etc....

I wish you the best on your endeavors.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2008, 12:28:10 AM »

She might not want to talk much before the final on Monday. What class is it? I'm just so happy to be done with finals now!

Latin American politics - very easy for me. Time for a little horn tooting - My professor e-mails the entire class the grades. We look for our ID number and find the grade. I'm always one of the top grades in the class.  Smiley  I don't even care about my remaining finals (all two of them). I got done my final papers Wednesday and Thursday and they aren't due until Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. That was a huge accomplishment so my semester is basically over.

Good luck on the Hail Mary... maybe show up a little earlier than usual with a package of study notes and if you end up sitting next to her, ask if she wants to review any of your awesome prepackaged notes before the test. If she is truly struggling in class she might well appreciate the help.

Eh...I guess I can print out the notes. I don't do study guides. I hardly ever seriously study. I look things over a bit the night before, do some readings that I should have done throughout the the class and just go right into it. I'm really not the studying type.

If I sit next to her, I have to say something. I just have to. Going into Thanksgiving break and this study break (we get two days and the weekend without classes before finals) was one thing. I'll go nuts going into Christmas break without speaking to her if I had the opportunity. Plus, this very well could be the last time I ever see her. I guess I'll ask her how she thinks she did in the class and then say something stupid like, "Oh, damn. You should have asked me to help or something." It would be really lame but oh well. Plus, I don't know what I'd say to someone if they ever did ask for help. It's quite simple: You either get the material or you don't. I obviously would never say that to her or turn down the request. I'd be the biggest jackass alive if I did that. Though...I'm sure some of you already think that I am so...  Wink

The big problem is that I had an awesome opportunity to have class with this girl again next semester. Our professor is teaching another course that I'll be taking and I'm sure there was a good chance that she'd do the same if she wasn't struggling with this class. It would be an easy three credits if she is a Political Science major.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies