Romney's comeback was Hispanics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:11:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney's comeback was Hispanics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney's comeback was Hispanics  (Read 1168 times)
rob in cal
« on: October 25, 2012, 07:00:17 PM »

King, those numbers are fascinating.  I'd love to see a really detailed breakdown of the hispanic vote, by country of origin, how many generations in this country, marital status, religion etc..
   I heard somewhere that Hispanic protestants are much more Republican than Hispanic Catholics.  I wonder if this is because lots of nominal, but not church attending, Hispanics are Catholic, and Hispanic protestants are more active in their churches and take in a more conservative social ideology from that.  Or, is that a sign of greater assimilation into the US society.
    Also, I'd love to see a vote breakdown by residence.  The Hispanic, mostly Mexican descended kids who grew up in my area, suburban Sacramento, might very well lean Democratic, but many of them take on attributes, cultural patterns, aspirations and ideas similar to their white friends and neighbors.
    I'll be interested to see how the Hispanic vote goes on the statewide propositions this year in California.  Its starting to be prime time for the "coalition of the ascendent" to be churning out some electoral victories out here, so we'll see what happens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies