Free Palestine Bill [Withdrawn] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:36:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Free Palestine Bill [Withdrawn] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Free Palestine Bill [Withdrawn]  (Read 3031 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: July 22, 2007, 02:55:50 PM »
« edited: July 24, 2007, 04:33:10 PM by Sam Spade »

Free Palestine Bill

1. The Republic of Atlasia condemns the use of terrorism by groups such as Hezbollah and Hamas in trying to destroy the nation of Israel and to kill innocent Israeli people.
2. The Republic of Atlasia deplores the nation of Israel for using curfews, walls, and other freedom-restricting measures on the Palestinian people.
3. The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the nation of Palestine as being made up by Gaza Strip and West Bank upon the condemnation of terrorism by top Palestinian officials.
4. The Republic of Atlasia hereby calls upon the United Nations, and more specifically Israel to recognize Palestine after the said conditions are met.
5. If the said conditions are met and Israel still does not recognize Palestine, the Republic of Atlasia will hereby withhold 40% of military aid to Israel and 5% more aid will be witheld for every month Israel does not recognize Palestine.

(Sponsor: Ebowed)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 03:16:17 PM »

I will propose a clause that requires all Arab groups within Palestine and Gaza to recognize Israel and stop wishing for its destruction before we or Israel do any recognition of any sort of Palestine or Gaza.

I will get the wording out fairly quickly on the amendment.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »

We are now voting on the following two amendments:

I propose an amendment to Section 5:

If Israel does not meet the said conditions within six months of passage of this bill, the Republic of Atlasia will withdraw 75% of financial aid, plus an additional 5% for every month Israel fails to comply.

Another amendment I propose to create a new appropriatley numbered section stating:

The newly recognized nation of Palestine must also recognize the newly formed boundaries of Israel.  Failure to the recognize the nation of Israel as it will stand will result in a derecognition of the nation of Palestine by the Republic of Atlasia.

Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

Nay
Nay
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »

I'd suggest tabling the bill, but I'd be surprised if there's enough support for doing so.

I would personally be for this and may introduce such a motion. 

IMO, after examining possible amendments to make the bill more palatable, I have decided this bill is simply not worth saving.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 04:32:49 PM »

Ok, the vote on the amendment is officially concluded now that the bill has been withdrawn.

Next piece of legislation on the table should be up shortly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies