Ari Fleischer: I'm Limiting Charitable Deductions Due To Smaller Tax Breaks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:00:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ari Fleischer: I'm Limiting Charitable Deductions Due To Smaller Tax Breaks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ari Fleischer: I'm Limiting Charitable Deductions Due To Smaller Tax Breaks  (Read 1541 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: January 03, 2013, 12:06:54 PM »

It is often said that conservatives tend to give more to charity… if it is with motivations like this, the point is lost.
This is only "true" because their churches count as "charity." Not how I'd define charity, but I don't work for the IRS.

I tend to agree. I think if churches want to provide services to the poor, they ought to set up a separate non-profit that deals with doing that. Contributions to that should be tax-deductible, but contributions to the church itself to pay for overhead and services for members aren't really charity so much as they are an unofficial membership fee in a private club.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies