Deeply disturbing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:20:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply disturbing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Deeply disturbing  (Read 6805 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: October 29, 2016, 12:03:02 AM »

I would point out that last night, Jimmie complained of "taking heat" for his vote in the original election. That was my last interaction with him once the voting booth was delayed being opened.

It prompted a discussion that someone else recently brought up to me and that is taking a possible look at secret balloting again. As difficult as it maybe to implement in a way that is trustworthy, I think we should at least discuss the possibility. Because whether it is people getting bitched at five days ago for how they voted, or bitched at now the end result is still the same. People are being mistreated because the votes are 100% public. If it would be practical, secret balloting would remove a lot of the aspects that invite misbehavior and tension, as well as the personal element.

It has long been my policy, to not contact people once they have voted. Simply because I have seen this happen way too many times for comfort. I wish that had been followed here.

And at the same time, I would say to Jimmie that I too plan to make this game as fun as possible.
This is an election simulation game where shenanigans happen all too often.  A secret ballot means that accuracy cannot be adequately assured.

There will be nothing but accusations of shenanigans followed by the "supreme court" assuring us nothing is wrong...

I understand your reasoning NCY but secret ballots just won't work unless we literally have a computer compiling the results for us.  Where is beep boop when we need him?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 01:34:35 AM »

Sorry, guys, this thread is not about crazy private voting schemes or whatever other crazy insinuations of activity you're willing to make up. This thread is about the very illegal activity of multiple Yankee supporters and Federalist leaders to disenfranchise and intimidate someone who was not in the position to be on the receiving end of a barrage of harassing and threatening messages across multiple mediums.

It's very sad that instead of just saying "we're sorry" or "I don't condone this behavior", you instead want to be "BUT LABOR", despite the fact that there is no comparison to be made here. At all. Take some personal responsibility and care for your lives, for once.

Perhaps the eyesight is failing you for that "decade" of being in Atlasia.

Look, I come on here at midnight after a hard day at work. I see you making accusations, I see allegations of it being across multiple mediums. I said first post, ADAM. FIRST FING POST after I got in here." As policy, I do not approve of contacting voters after they voted". End of conversation.

I don't need to make up allegations. You forget, I was with you in #Atlasforum in October 2015. I know what goes on in there, and I would not be surprised if it still does.

I am sick and tired of you going on #Atlasforum saying whatever you need to get Blair elected. Whether it be questioning trying to benefit from people questioning my mental stability, or gloating about some nasty thing you did in the past to gain street cred.

I don't approve of what happened here today, but I also condemn with every damn bone in my body the crap you and your thugs have done to me since October 1st. And I am not going to take it lying down anymore.

Take your equivalency bs and shove it sideways.

NCY... nobody doubts that you work hard.  Nobody doubts that you don't make up allegations.  Nobody doubts that you know what goes on here (you've been here since rocks cooled into cool rocks.)

Adam has every right to join #atlasforum and encourage people to vote for whomever Adam wishes people to vote for.  As do you.  But I suspect it's not the ability to get on #atlasforum and encourage people that you are worried about (your AOL dialup days are long gone)...

What you are mad about is Adam's effectiveness.  There's a reason his IRL job is the head of a county Democratic party.  He is Democrat.  He eats Nancy Pelosi for an after schooling snack.  He munches Chuck Schumer like cheese and crackers.  And those crackers are pretty buttery.

I'm not an Adam thug.  I have no problem nagging Adam until he relents.  Ask him.  I nag in a way that is both annoying and impressive in its annoyingness.  Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

And as a 1st class nagalag... I say.. STOP WHINING HOLY CRAP.

Also... you don't shove equivalency sideways.. you shove it up your butt and around the corner.  These are things we learn in like 3rd grade.. I mean come on..
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 01:42:36 AM »

But in reality.. Adam wasn't buying votes.  He was encouraging people to vote for the Labor candidates in a fair election.  No money or favors were transacted.  No serious offer of money or favors was ever offered.

We can be party officials and we can be active campaigners.  And we can be individuals shilling for our chosen candidates in an unofficial capacity.  Keep that in mind.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 01:58:28 AM »

NCY.. I poke fun at your computer problems (while totally sympathizing with you.. I'm very happy that you have been able to upgrade.)  And I know you can take a loss.

But here I would say you need to pick your battles.  Adam "bribing" people into voting for Blair is not the one you should pick.  I was in the room in the time.  You can see from the log that it was nothing serious.  Nobody was acting or even intending to act outside of the law.

I wish you the best in the runoff election... but if you lose, it won't be because Adam was bribing people into voting for Blair.  What could Adam even give people?

As for #atlasforum... it's negative all the time.  And for a long time it was pretty toxic.  But not really now... there are more important things to discuss... like our IRL federal election in 11 days.  And you being there would not hurt.

I'm not asking you to trust me blindly... but I really want to impress on you that nothing fishy was going on.  Adam was simply encouraging people to vote.  I don't suspect any maliciousness on your part or on his part.  You are well matched in experience and in opposing each other.  Let it go.  Jimmie has.  You can too.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 02:09:12 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Indeed, given that I'm not a Laborite. I can completely agree with this!
You're not helping your cause.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 02:22:26 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And what cause would that be? The party of Labor?

Really?  Roll Eyes
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 02:45:08 AM »

I'm honestly curious. You say "I'm not helping my cause". What cause would that be?
I'm sure you're honestly curious.  And you know damned well what your cause is.  You don't need Labor to do that for you as well, do you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies