Do you have BigSkyBob on ignore? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:47:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you have BigSkyBob on ignore? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you have BigSkyBob on ignore?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Do you have BigSkyBob on ignore?  (Read 3157 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: June 01, 2011, 10:55:08 PM »

BSB is young. He's an intelligent poster who writes well. Yes, he has sharp elbows, and limited to close to non-existent diplomatic skills. He has not yet learned how to be firm, and make his points, without generating animus. That is an acquired skill, and at least in my case, took decades to master to the point I'm at now.

However, my preference is to work with this kind of poster, one with potential, and not an air brain, and help them fit in. I quite dislike gang banging such chaps. One thing I have learned on this splendid forum is just how cruel the young can be to each other.  Yes, I was once that way, but tend to forget how much an ahole I was when at the age of most here.

So, no, I don't have BSB on ignore, and hope that some at least will give him a long leash to try to learn some skills as to how to interact productively with other posters.

I doubt anything I have written above surprises the old timers, but I just feel the need to say it again.

Thanks for listening.

Steve
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies