why does only Red Bull taste good? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:51:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  why does only Red Bull taste good? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: why does only Red Bull taste good?  (Read 4606 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: April 25, 2012, 08:06:40 PM »

I've rediscovered nicotine as an academic performance enhancer - not smoking again, but those little Camel snus packets that go in the bottom lip.  almost functions like methylphenidate (Ritalin), real head buzz and clarity of thought, and little of the 'jittery' symptoms that come from caffeine abuse.  only some nausea.

Good to see that someone else has noticed the positive effects of nicotine on motivation and clear-headed thought.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »

I smoke pipe tobacco occasionally, that's about it. I picked up on the use of nicotine as stimulant from my reading on nootropics so I purchased nicotine patches as an experiment. I noticed that my motivation increased quite a bit and my cognitive ability was mildly enhanced: the dilemma was that if I used too much (I cut the patches), I'd be phased out because the buzz would be too strong.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2012, 07:30:12 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

again, largely mimicking the effects of methylphenidate.  perhaps we are on to something!

It's pretty popular on a nootropic/anti-aging site I lurked on for a while (longecity forum).

There have also been more and more studies to come out showing nicotine's positive effects on long-term memory: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AlzheimersNews/nicotine-patch-improves-memory-people-mild-cognitive-impairment/story?id=15323012#.T5njPNUXTIU

Other thoughts: the main dilemma with anything that helps you concentrate is that the substance can just as easily make you concentrate on something that is a complete waste of time.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »

I feel like it would be easier to just use amphetamines, given how convenient they are.

Maybe at a highly competitive high school filled with overachievers. Wink

As for energy drinks, why not just take no-doz? I really don't understand people's aversion to them: they're cheap, easy, avoid teeth staining from coffee + energy drinks and you can always cut them if you don't want a blast of energy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies