CA Gov race (2010) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:38:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA Gov race (2010) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA Gov race (2010)  (Read 8536 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: June 21, 2009, 10:04:56 AM »

So, it looks like there are three remotely viable candidates on each side. The Democrats have Brown, Newsom and Villaraigosa. I'll assume that you know enough about each one. On the GOP side, we see Whitman, Poizner and now Tom Campbell. All three Republicans are "moderate" (don't read too much into this); Campbell represented my district in Congress some time back, and was a big impeachment fan.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:05:03 PM »

This race will be a stronghold for democrats.

This is the only race in 2010 when I'll be  agianest the GOP. Arnie has made it clear that the Cali GOP is useless.

Roll Eyes

You're right, the California GOP has made it clear that the California GOP is useless.

Exactly. The California Democratic politicians haven't been that great, but at least they aren't a band of extremists bent on destroying the state. The Republicans are opposed to even increasing the oil extraction fees to that of Alaska. What a bunch of crazies.

Thats because Alaska distributes a lot of money each year to its citizens. In CA it would just go to fund a state Gov't that has grown too large.

Too large?

Do you have any idea what exactly the Republican Party wants trimmed from government?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:00:53 AM »

This race will be a stronghold for democrats.

This is the only race in 2010 when I'll be  agianest the GOP. Arnie has made it clear that the Cali GOP is useless.

Roll Eyes

You're right, the California GOP has made it clear that the California GOP is useless.

Exactly. The California Democratic politicians haven't been that great, but at least they aren't a band of extremists bent on destroying the state. The Republicans are opposed to even increasing the oil extraction fees to that of Alaska. What a bunch of crazies.

Thats because Alaska distributes a lot of money each year to its citizens. In CA it would just go to fund a state Gov't that has grown too large.

Too large?

Do you have any idea what exactly the Republican Party wants trimmed from government?

CA really doesn't have a choice. You can't let citizens dictate new spending proposals and not include ways to properly finance them in the same initiative. Putting them up separately ensures the new spending passes and the new funding doesn't. As for the legislature they are just as guilty of this for trying to cover the gaps with bandaides and pretend everything is fine. I am sorry to all my California friends but your state is f**ked. The sooner the big gov't tree hugger Dems realise this, the sooner California can make the reforms necessary to recover, whether it be changing the Constitution to prevent intiative forced unfunded mandates, cutting back severely in all gov't programs both good and bad, and keeping taxes from going up as much as humanely possible, but excepting some tax cuts as necessary after all possible cuts are made but avoid hiking the sales tax except on thinks like Tobacco and alcohol, etc. California needs grown ups in Sacremento and fast.

Changing the Constitution is a good idea.

Trimming a government that is "too big" by cutting education, healthcare and parks is not.

The Republican Party has no intention of doing the former*; its intransigence results in the latter.

*Neither do the Democrats, so far as I've seen, but that's not quite relevant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies