Opinion of the dropouts: Yellowhammer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:50:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the dropouts: Yellowhammer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Opinion of the dropouts: Yellowhammer  (Read 3508 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 17, 2020, 08:14:30 AM »

His attitude of "if you're not a Hoppean Jeff Davis fanboy like me you're a communist" was tedious, unfunny, pompous, and stupid. Good bye HP.

He barely even had a consistent ideology. After George Floyd died he said something about it being a reminder that most cops were deeply evil, but a few weeks later he was calling for the army to be deployed to cities. Some libertarian.

Look at Dule and lfromnj. Doesn't take long to figure out the common thread.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 09:31:23 AM »

His attitude of "if you're not a Hoppean Jeff Davis fanboy like me you're a communist" was tedious, unfunny, pompous, and stupid. Good bye HP.

He barely even had a consistent ideology. After George Floyd died he said something about it being a reminder that most cops were deeply evil, but a few weeks later he was calling for the army to be deployed to cities. Some libertarian.

Look at Dule and lfromnj. Doesn't take long to figure out the common thread.

"Scratch a libertarian..."

I don't even mean anything sinister.

The libertarian mind (in my interpretation) is thus:

[First principle/core assumption:
The individual in his or her negative liberty is sacrosanct.

Observation 1:
Law enforcement is a tool of the (collectivist) state and (ironically) is rarely accountable to the law. It violates negative liberty. This includes jailing and expropriation (see: civil asset forfeiture here in the US). It is bad.

Observation 2:
Riots involve destruction of private property and violence against persons. They are bad.]

YH's calling for the military to enter is presumably in response to a threat he finds more immediate and existential. Where you want to say that crosses into "fascism" is in the eye of the beholder, but as discussed elsewhere (see my thread in Political Debate), some state response to transgressions by private individuals and groups can easily be justified from a "libertarian" standpoint. Also from a more cultural standpoint, YH likely views law enforcement as the intrusion of a certain type of regularory elite into people's natural/organic lives (particularly in rural communities).

Is this somewhat contradictory? Perhaps, but I don't think it's beyond imagination for a libertarian to favor a system where personal freedom and property are protected from both others and the state (to a greater extent than they already are). It would, however, involve towing a fine line and (perhaps) allowing for substantial leeway in "self defense", "defense of property", and "corporate security" to fill gaps law enforcement would be restrained from entering.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 10:08:20 AM »

Trusting soldiers more than cops isn't an unusual position at all...

Very much in the tradition of the American far right, no?

And Torie, I'll have to assume you're being sarcastic, given the obvious likely downsides of entrusting affairs of the state to PMCs.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 10:39:31 AM »

Trusting soldiers more than cops isn't an unusual position at all...

Very much in the tradition of the American far right, no?

Absolutely, although I hope it's not only a far-right position because increasingly it's one I share. But we all know I'm one of the most conservative posters on the forum.

Well I was thinking more along the lines of the Waco/Ruby Ridge crowd, but fair enough.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies