Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Author Topic: Age of Steam and Steel: Concert of Europe Part III (Sign up and Rules Thread)  (Read 16238 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: September 19, 2020, 06:40:36 PM »

I'm enjoying myself and I have time to play, but unfortunately, with so many major players missing, I reluctantly agree that it might be best to at least suspend play until the player ranks can be refilled.

If a more convenient stopping point is desired, and others agree, I think I could handle on a very short term basis, acting as a combined China-Korea-Japan player , with the China and Japan moves being done on the basis of what their players indicated to me that their plans and interests were. But it would neither be fair for me to do so on more than a very short time basis, nor something I'd want to do for more than a turn or two.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #276 on: September 19, 2020, 07:03:21 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2020, 07:08:07 PM by Spamage »

While I agree we are clearly in the later stages of the game (probably 2-3 more turns if things are allowed to run naturally), I do not think it's fair or proper to cease it until the Great Eastern War and the semi-related conflicts are brought to a suitable conclusion, especially given half of the remaining player base are combatants. This is a fight on a scale not seen since the first game. Although there was an Austro-Prussian war at the end of the previous game, the circumstances were a bit different. For players who have invested a good deal of time and strategy in Eastern Europe, to pick up and quit really wouldn't be fair. Now, if we lose one of them, that's a different story...

I'm not forcing anyone to keep playing. If you feel you cannot continue due to time constraints, I totally understand and it's not problem. That's just a natural part of life.

Yes, having so many NPCs is probably not ideal, but it is what it is. I am *very* hesitant to suspend play until more people join, because that would in all likelihood just be a game over and I doubt it would be resumed.

If there were some way to project the Great Eastern War at a quicker pace, I would not necessarily be opposed but I don't know quite what I'm envisioning. Maybe somehow through discord or something? I'll have to think on it.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #277 on: September 19, 2020, 07:05:33 PM »

Since we're keeping on, when does this turn end?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #278 on: September 19, 2020, 07:06:50 PM »

Since we're keeping on, when does this turn end?

I was still planning on Monday, unless there's a need for an extension or something.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #279 on: September 20, 2020, 04:40:46 AM »

While I agree we are clearly in the later stages of the game (probably 2-3 more turns if things are allowed to run naturally), I do not think it's fair or proper to cease it until the Great Eastern War and the semi-related conflicts are brought to a suitable conclusion, especially given half of the remaining player base are combatants. This is a fight on a scale not seen since the first game. Although there was an Austro-Prussian war at the end of the previous game, the circumstances were a bit different. For players who have invested a good deal of time and strategy in Eastern Europe, to pick up and quit really wouldn't be fair. Now, if we lose one of them, that's a different story...

I'm not forcing anyone to keep playing. If you feel you cannot continue due to time constraints, I totally understand and it's not problem. That's just a natural part of life.

Yes, having so many NPCs is probably not ideal, but it is what it is. I am *very* hesitant to suspend play until more people join, because that would in all likelihood just be a game over and I doubt it would be resumed.

If there were some way to project the Great Eastern War at a quicker pace, I would not necessarily be opposed but I don't know quite what I'm envisioning. Maybe somehow through discord or something? I'll have to think on it.

Honestly,
I
f there were some way to project the Great Eastern War at a quicker pace, I would not necessarily be opposed but I don't know quite what I'm envisioning. Maybe somehow through discord or something? I'll have to think on it.

Maybe you ask to all the players (except those involved in the great eastern war) what are their future moves (epilogue) except for the great eastern wars players who will have to continue playing at a quicker rate. For the next "turns" you only update this war and not the rest and then the war will be concluded you make a general epilogue.

So you just have to update the great eastern war.

Let's be honest, it's the only part of the game that is still semi active and where there is still interest to play.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #280 on: September 20, 2020, 04:43:05 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2020, 05:18:46 AM by Chief Justice windjammer »

Because personally I just want to make an epilogue for me with what I was planning to do for the next moves so I can stop playing without screwing France and so I could retake my country next season.

OOC: Spamage, regarding France, if you're fine with me sending my final moves for the rest of the game, I would send you everything for the end of this turn so France could turn NPC with what I wrote to you and I could peacefully retake France next season.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #281 on: September 20, 2020, 08:04:32 AM »

Honestly,
I
f there were some way to project the Great Eastern War at a quicker pace, I would not necessarily be opposed but I don't know quite what I'm envisioning. Maybe somehow through discord or something? I'll have to think on it.

Maybe you ask to all the players (except those involved in the great eastern war) what are their future moves (epilogue) except for the great eastern wars players who will have to continue playing at a quicker rate. For the next "turns" you only update this war and not the rest and then the war will be concluded you make a general epilogue.

Let's be honest, it's the only part of the game that is still semi active and where there is still interest to play.

I’d be strongly opposed to this.  Either the whole game ends at once and gets an epilogue or the whole game should keep going.  You can always drop out for RL reasons.  It’s not like France is in danger of being invaded or something Tongue

I still have interest in playing right now.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #282 on: September 20, 2020, 08:21:59 AM »

Honestly,
I

I’d be strongly opposed to this.  Either the whole game ends at once and gets an epilogue or the whole game should keep going.  You can always drop out for RL reasons.  It’s not like France is in danger of being invaded or something Tongue

I still have interest in playing right now.

I'm not worried about "my realm". I just want this game to end well.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #283 on: September 20, 2020, 08:26:18 AM »

F••• it, I’m back in as Persia. Might as well end what I started.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #284 on: September 20, 2020, 08:28:31 AM »

Anyway,
As two players are being back. The number of NPCs is less a problem. So I'm changing my mind Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2020, 11:02:57 AM »

At the same time, however, I do agree with Spamage that we should start looking to wrap things up in the next 2-3 turns.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2020, 12:35:34 PM »

At the same time, however, I do agree with Spamage that we should start looking to wrap things up in the next 2-3 turns.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2020, 01:59:15 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2020, 02:08:45 PM by Southern Motherf***in' Catholic Republicans »

I can’t start writing my moves till I hear back from Spamage about four things.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #288 on: September 20, 2020, 07:22:15 PM »

Sorry, but I need to request one more extension please?  I promise I'll have my moves in before the end of the day Monday.  Thanks Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #289 on: September 20, 2020, 10:48:18 PM »

Sorry, but I need to request one more extension please?  I promise I'll have my moves in before the end of the day Monday.  Thanks Smiley

No worries, turn doesn't end until the end of tomorrow anyways.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2020, 11:20:06 AM »

I finish work at 10, but will have my orders in after that if that's okay.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #291 on: September 21, 2020, 11:26:41 AM »

If anyone could offer me some advice, am I doing diplomacy right? Most of my trade deals are really late into this game and mostly with NPCs. Do people just not want to organize trade deals with my respective country or is it in my style of play?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #292 on: September 21, 2020, 03:18:40 PM »

My orders are in.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #293 on: September 21, 2020, 03:36:34 PM »

Will be able to send orders, but it will be during the night.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2020, 06:25:22 PM »

Orders sent
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #295 on: September 21, 2020, 07:34:39 PM »

Sent
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #296 on: September 21, 2020, 08:06:32 PM »

Mine have already been sent since yesterday. I’m really excited for the upcoming bloodbath!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #297 on: September 21, 2020, 09:28:42 PM »

Orders sent.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #298 on: September 21, 2020, 10:06:56 PM »

I see we've had one five-year plan submitted already, and while I don't mind submitting a multi-year plan, either publicly or privately when we wrap things up, I do think it's a bit early.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2020, 12:30:08 AM »

Orders in.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies